The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

Haha I tried that too... but it kind of requires a full body shot with no distortion to get that measurement. For the moment, I'm going to to with "eyeball it and change it if it looks wrong!"
lol I think eyeballing it makes sense, anyway, since the bag might not be the exact same size. Better it looks accurate on the bag than be the same size as the one they used.

What you guys are looking for is a weathered paragliding buckle.
The problem is that we do not just want any quick connect buckle. We want the exact make/model/year of production used in the movie. So far, I have searched for quick release buckles, quick connect buckles, sling bag buckles, messenger bag buckles, belt buckles, side release buckles, climbing buckles, rappelling buckles, parachute buckles, paragliding buckles, harness buckles, tower harness buckles (12 different brands of them), racing buckles, Stubai buckles, Cobra buckles, Raptor buckles, skysport buckles, diving buckles, extreme sport buckles, hiking buckles, dog collar buckles, large collar buckles, emergency release buckles, and several more I can't remember right now. So far, not a single one has had the lip below the latches I show in the picture in the 2nd post...

So unless someone has connections to someone who worked on the show and can ask the prop or costume maker (I'm not sure which category bags fall under), we're unlikely to find the match...

I had started a thread asking about the buckle on the bag, AND asked in the main Star-Lord costume thread about the bag. Since that's the main piece I want (and a few others seem to want as well) this is a thread just for discussing his backback/knapsack/sling bag/satchel (not a purse).

So here's the many photos I've gathered so far:
View attachment 362397View attachment 362400View attachment 362401View attachment 362406View attachment 362398View attachment 362399
View attachment 362407View attachment 362405View attachment 362404View attachment 362408
View attachment 362413View attachment 362409View attachment 362410View attachment 362411View attachment 362412
View attachment 362419View attachment 362420View attachment 362421View attachment 362422View attachment 362423

I just want to say thank you. I know you are doing this for the bag, but now I have lots of reference photos for the whole costume. Awesome sauce!

I've got a store near me with thousands of upholstery fabrics in stock, one of these days I'm going to head over there and try to find the fabrics this bag is made from.

I've got a store near me with thousands of upholstery fabrics in stock, one of these days I'm going to head over there and try to find the fabrics this bag is made from.
Awesome. Take in that one photo with the extreme closeup. If you find them, I'll be interested in some! Otherwise it's custom printing time...

Risu!! Which store are you talking about? There is a really big one over on Katella and/or there is one down by the Frys in Fountain Valley! You can see it off of the 405!

By the way welcome to the club! First there was Jack now there is Peter!!!

I would be interested in purchasing some of it if you can find it. Otherwise Zlurpo is right, custom printing maybe the route...

The one in Fountain Valley. Ridiculous amount of fabric in that building. I actually moved out to Garden Grove last week, time to update my profile. Do you remember the name of the other one? Never hurts to have more fabric stores. Seems to me the bag has two different colors of the same pattern fabric on it, at least that's how it looked. It makes me think it might be from one of the big designers. Next time I make it up to LA, I might try to have a look through the big book at Michael Levine. Whether or not I'm able will depend on the employee working that day, some of them say it's not allowed for whatever reason.

Btw, not really bag related, but I'm going up to the Sherman Oaks Arclight on Saturday, going to be checking out the Star Lord costume on display there. If anybody has photo requests, I can try to take pictures.

Get all the close up pics of the belt that you can. We know what the buckle looks like, but it's the belt details that are still a mystery. Thanks!

I'll definitely try to get a look at the belt. I doubt anybody will have opened the case and shifted the position of the jacket at all since Matt got his video, though. But I'll try to see whatever I can.

I'm nearly positive I've seen the fabric on the bag before. No idea where, it might have been in a fabric store or it might have been on a pillow on a couch in some waiting room. Looks super familiar, though.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back