From star wars to indiana jones the best of lucas film archive book!

grenater

Hey fellow rpf star wars fans i wanted to know if the book from star wars to idiana jones the best of lucasfilm archive has been thoroughly examined if not examined at all.

It's a good book with a few large saber pics. Unfortunately a lot of the images are mismarked and/or are in the wrong sections.

I got this book back in the mid 90's and I've always really liked it. Just a couple days ago my three year old boy discovered it and now he loves it! I guess it's really nothing special now, but back then if you wanted to see pics of props there really weren't a lot of options, lol.

Yah wasn't quite aware of the situation reguarding the book didn't see any forums about it, but did see plenty pics around the web from the book.

... and there'a another wonderful book with lots of pictures : George Lucas THE CREATIVE IMPULS by Champlin ... I have both versions ... since both have Drew's Cover Artwork ;)

Chaim

Last edited:
This is a must have for any Star Wars fan. Especially for prop, costume, and model makers like us. Great review as well James. The Star Wars Chronicles book for the OT is still THE definitive must have for RPFers like us and any fan who does serious Star Wars Costuming, Modeling and Propping!

I picked up my copy on the discount table from Walden's Books around the late 90's. Back then, I bought anything Star Wars if it was on clearance for something like $5.

Recently I was going through Star Wars and Star Trek books to clear out the bulk and sell on eBay. I picked it up and thumbed through it and was surprises to be remembered to see the great content. Needless to say, it was a keeper.

Looks like this subject Lucasfilm book released in UK as different title / cover but same material?

U.S. one with Death Star / Indiana Jones cover:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409662956.334962.jpg

Recently found this one on Amazon, got excited for a minute then realized looks like same authors, description, and number of pages. Guess I am getting twitchy waiting for shipment of the upcoming Star Wars costumes book!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409662981.155374.jpg

The Star Wars Archives: Props, Costumes, Models and Artwork from Star Wars https://www.amazon.com/dp/1852275871/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_T7Bbub1X3QY8T

Looks like this subject Lucasfilm book released in UK as different title / cover but same material?

U.S. one with Death Star / Indiana Jones cover:

View attachment 371399

Recently found this one on Amazon, got excited for a minute then realized looks like same authors, description, and number of pages. Guess I am getting twitchy waiting for shipment of the upcoming Star Wars costumes book!

View attachment 371400

The Star Wars Archives: Props, Costumes, Models and Artwork from Star Wars https://www.amazon.com/dp/1852275871/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_T7Bbub1X3QY8T

Heard about this too, and I have SW Archives on its way to me as we speak together with Making of SW (all 3 books). I guess no need to look for SW to Indiana Jones anymore :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back