R.I.P. Robin Williams

Oh Robin... I'm so sad that the black dog got you. Thank you for making me smile and laugh for so many years.

For those that say it's selfish for him to commit suicide, don't get confused between the emotion of being depressed and the disease of depression, they're very different animals. Both can cause suicide, one is more of a choice than the other.

Kraig

There's not a lot of celebrity deaths that sadden me. But Robin Williams passing away is absolutely heartbreaking for me :(

I had read that he had health and drug problems throughout his life but I was still shocked when I saw the news about this. I remember watching his first appearance as Mork all those years ago. He was a very funny and talented man and I hope he is at peace now. Thanks for the memories.

You obviously know little about what it is to have clinical depression or what it is to rid oneself of it and go into eternal sleepful bliss.:sleep
Far from selfish and far from being pathetic.:popcorn

Beautifully put - this is a sign of true mental illness; hopefully this can help w/ the improving community awareness regarding the impact of depression; bipolar affective d/o and many other psychiatric conditions; especially suicidal ideation and the risks for completed suicide in males

I realize I don't have many movies with him in my collection. There's only two movies I know I have: "Insomnia" (directed by Christopher Nolan) and "The Final Cut."

But I do remember a few of his performances from when I was growing up. I used to watch "Mork and Mindy" on Nick at Nite when I was
Little, watched a few of the "Comic Relief" specials and of course a lot of what everyone else has mentioned, including a few not mentioned like "The Fisher King." Also saw his guest starring role in "Law & Order: SVU." His dramatic work was damn near perfect as his comedic work.

Sooooo sad. As a kid of the 90s, I grew up watching his movies. You're free, now, Genie. Sleep well.

Gift_Aladdin.jpg

Please refrain from personal comments/views on suicide and mental illness. It's easy to be judge and jury, but if you or a member of your family is suffering, or has, from a mental illness/depression you cannot pass judgement on that person without walking a mile in their shoes and understanding exactly what an awful disease it is:behave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back