R.I.P. Robin Williams

Two weeks ago I came across his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and had taken this pic.

He was a big part of my life as I was growing up. RIP Robin Williams. Thanks for all the laughs.

BuzcAJpCEAE6D37.jpg

I had a high school teacher who had done improv in the early seventies with Robin. My teacher ended up quitting because Robin was sooo fast with his mind and soooo funny that he felt inadequate.
He told us this when he hit it big with Mork and Mindy. He told us keep our eyes on him, he will do far more than just a tv show.

I am very saddened by this turn of events.

Unreal. I remember way back from Happy Days and Mork & Mindy... so sad, so tragic - on many levels. Hopefully, he's found peace - I feel terrible for his family.

Robin Williams was a great actor and comedian. He made so many people laugh and was so great in movies and stand-up. Maybe he didn't realize how many people he brought joy to with his work and how greatly is affected us because one would think, that would be enough to make any person content with life. Rest in peace Robin.

Saw this shared on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/badassdige...61108.123392074385324/748406191883906/?type=1

When Christopher Reeve was in the hospital, awaiting a back surgery that had a fifty/fifty chance of killing him, a man burst into his room. He was wearing surgical scrubs, talking in a Russian accent, and said he was there to give a rectal exam. It was Robin Williams; the two men had been roommates together at Juilliard. Later Reeve said of his life-long friend:

“For the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay.”

That's sort of what Robin Williams did for all of us.

10606015_748406191883906_6412522983515727238_n.jpg

RIP.

One of my favorite episodes of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" (the American version) had him as a guest star. What impressed me most was watching him (one of the best ever at improvisational comedy) cracking up at the regular castmembers' antics. I would consider that high praise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's for real... R.I.P. Mr. Williams. You were a part of my childhood, as you were in many others. You will be missed. :*(

A comedic Genius has been lost.

It deeply saddens me that someone who has given so many laughs and happiness to so many others went out like this. :(

My deepest condolances to his family and friends

Sad to hear that such a unique actor is no more :(. No more movies like Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams,... with those crystal moments where everybody was touched by the performance of Robin Williams...

i was just on the way to work, when i hear this on the radio with the intro "GOOOD MORNING VIETNAM"
he was one of my fav actors
i love movies like Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Night at the Museum, Bicentennial Man, Flubber...

R.I.P. Robin Williams

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back