Prop Display - Engineering Help

safryers

So I have an idea for a prop display but need help from the technical savvy out there.

I want to display my Mjolnir prop, but in a way where it cannot be lifted except if you press or move a release button or switch.

I don't mind having the prop attached to a thin wire/cable. I imagine it sitting straight up (handle in the air), on a pedestal. If someone tried to lift it the cable would remain locked, but if you know where the hidden release is, it could be lifted.

If funds and supplies were unlimited, then a solution that has no cable would be great. The only idea I can think of is strong magnets but don't think this is practical for my purpose.

So RPF??? Anyone have an idea how to make this work? links to supplies or how-to's would be great!

Are you trying to give the impression of its immense weight and that only a god could possibly pick it up? Or is this a security issue?

Are you trying to give the impression of its immense weight and that only a god could possibly pick it up? Or is this a security issue?

At a minimum it would be only the worthy can lift it, I would accept it being able to twist it had to. My idle option would be motionless until released by hidden switch/button. No need for security.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back