If you could live in one fictional setting what would it be?

dascoyne

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you could live in any fictional setting (sci-fi, fantasy, historical ... ) what would it be?

Ive been asked this before, but my real answer only occurred to me recently.

I would like to be a regular crew member onboard the Serenity in Firefly. I can't think of any better characters I'd rather hang with having adventures in space.

Ok, this may be a little cheeseball, but I'd like to live in the world my husband created for his Children of Divinity book series. I think that a world where superheroes were emerging into collective consciousness would be incredibly interesting and ripe for adventure. Of course, I'd want to be one of the "awakened" with super powers, otherwise, what's the point? ;)

Man that's a tough one. One of the Final Fantasy universes? The fallout universe? Maybe pokemon as you got monsters, magic, and apparently you stay 10 for 30 years lol.

I'd be Dr. johnny Fever in the WKRP in Cincinatti world. I'm just not doing Dis--Dis---Dissss....No I just can't say it!

I would choose the Warhammer 40K universe, specifically dropping me off with no supplies on Catachan. Hey if you're gonna go out, make it quick.

Of course, I'm joking. I actually have several thoughts on the matter.

1) Star Trek Earth: I would love to teach those hippie pacifists in the Federation what a real military SHOULD be like. Oh the plans I have...

2) Star Wars Zeltros: Non stop partying that makes Risa look like a convent.

3) Star Wars Nar Shaddaa: Just because.

All of you have some great answers. But I am surprised no-one has taken my first pick: I would choose to live in Bag End, in the Shire. Of course I would need to be Hobbit-size, but that would be the life for me! :) It is a beautiful home, and I am a gardener by trade, so it's a perfect fit.

All of you have some great answers. But I am surprised no-one has taken my first pick: I would choose to live in Bag End, in the Shire. Of course I would need to be Hobbit-size, but that would be the life for me! :) It is a beautiful home, and I am a gardener by trade, so it's a perfect fit.
Good choice. I'm surprised I hadn't thought of that one.
The life of an Elf or Dwarf both seem awesome .., but there's tremendous appeal to Hobbit life, too.

That's gonna have to be a close second to Serenity for me.

I'm not sure I would really want to actually live in any of them. In most of these setting, people are facing life and death situations on a daily basis. Fictional adventures are fun, but when your life is really on the line and people are trying to kill you left and right, I guaran-damn-tee you would not find it fun.

I'm not sure I would really want to actually live in any of them. In most of these setting, people are facing life and death situations on a daily basis. Fictional adventures are fun, but when your life is really on the line and people are trying to kill you left and right, I guaran-damn-tee you would not find it fun.
I agree with you, but I think the spirit of the question doesn't limit us to what's on-screen, just the environments. If you wanted to, I guess you could choose Dagobah, just after Yoda landed, if you wanted to. No danger there.;)

Bingo.

Which worlds would I like to visit while wearing a "hero shield?" Oh, too many to list!

Which of them would I like to actually LIVE in, without said "hero shield?" Pretty much none. Maybe Star Trek on Earth or maybe on the Enterprise-D during the TNG television era, since that seems to be a nearly utopian society (and the Ent-D acts as KIND of a "hero shield" for civilians). But otherwise? Forget it. I'm staying here.

Ok, yeah. "Hero shield" is given.
My Firefly fantasy otherwise couldn't outweigh the possibility of a reaver encounter.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back