What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

SATELLITE74

Hi all,I started a deal with Matt in February and put down a deposit on it.I haven't had the item yet,5 months later.I know that Matt has had a few problems of late and admits himself that the job has gone on longer than expected and that he has others waiting too.
I was wondering if anyone else here has an outstanding order with Matsuo and what is happening with them?
I don't want this to become a Matt bashing thread but he hasn't contacted me in 2 weeks and I'm more than a little disappointed with how
this has gone on.

Last edited:
Re: Problems with Matsuo?

Matt's been facing some hard times lately, but he's definitely trustworthy and the best when it comes to pulse rifles or smartguns (and other stuff Aliens).
Try pm'ing and/or e-mailing again, I'm sure he will answer.

_A

He is trustworthy and does great work. I have delt with him a few times over the years and never had an issue.
He is going through tough times and wil tell you if you ask.
Try e-mailing him.

Oh...THIS story again. :rolleyes
Look, I know Matt is a great guy, I dealt with him myself and always produces great work.
However, like the Don said, "It's not personal. It's just business." If after 40 days product doesn't appear, put in a Paypal dispute. Of course, don't be a jerk and do it without warning, give the seller plenty of heads up so they know it's coming. I understand some folks have got projects that take longer than 40 days to finish but they need the funds now to buy materials. Well, that's when you have to make the hard decision. Doing this you run the risk of not getting your item. It's usually not because of anything malicious, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Personally, I work way too hard for my money and if I don't have it in hand in 40 days, a dispute goes in (trades are VERY difficult to manage!).
I'm sure Matt will come through and he is highly respected. Still, when it comes to money, it's nothing personal...

Given what Im dealing with right now, the weeks are passing by faster than I can manage. I certainly do apologize for the delay.
I'm taking steps to remedy the situation.

M

I know that Matt's work is very good and thought that he did have
a good rep so I do hope he comes through.
Thanks Matt,for the update,fingers crossed.

Give the man a chance. mat will come through. every single person here should know. that family come's before anything here...

Anyone who deals with someone like Matt , has multiple orders and things in life , Matt has always come thru , and he does undergo a lot... with family and business...Matts reputation is very sound !!! You may have to wait for a product ...but the end results always pay off from his work ethic !!! Just give him some time and he will contact everyone , with status updates... You will be surprised , if you just be patient with Matt !!! His work is fantastic !!!

But.... I recall some watching some good rep members flake in the past. You just never know.
Who would have assumed SD Studios would have thrown away his stellar rep like he did?
As Funky Jedi stated above, no matter who the seller is, with what past rep they have established, file your claim ON time. This is not personal, it is business and you just need to cover your butt incase things do go south.

I've been buying stuff from RPF members for well over a decade, like a lot of the people here have.

While some members have kind of lost it and left people hanging with no merch and refund, Matt is not flaking out. Life is happening.

Adam is right, Matt is good people. His delays are not caused by laziness or procrastination.

Nothing wrong with asking about it on the boards though, and I hope your mind is eased some Satellite74. It can really suck, that feeling of disappointment.

I don't see the harm in communicating with the seller when you reach 40 days. Tell them you will request a refund and then resubmit the payment. That allows the seller another 45 days to complete and allows you another 45 days of protection. If the seller is trustworthy, they will be more than happy to do this. It is actually beneficial for both parties, as they get more time to iron out their personal life AND get your item done, and you have locked it protection so you can get your funds back later if things still fall through.

I have bought things from him in the past and he ALWAYS comes through. My Starbuck BSG Blaster looks absolutely amazing (even thinking of getting another one). Just relax and be patient. He'll come through.

Steve had been screwing people over for years, WAY before the Neuralizer run so his rep was only steller to the newbs and by newb I mean anybody here after 2001

Matt will come through for ya!

Who would have assumed SD Studios would have thrown away his stellar rep like he did?

Matt's as solid as they come. Life's dealt the man a few hard blows recently. Let him catch his breath; he'll get you sorted.

-Rylo

Matt goes above and beyond! I sold a PR years ago with his aluminum powder shrouds. It arrived destroyed by UPS. Matt was gracious enough to sell me parts at a very deep discount so I could rebuild the PR. I think he even sent me some parts for free. Matt will come thru for you.

This high praise for Matt is why I contacted him in the first place,and like I said,I know his work is very good also.
I just wasn't expecting it to take quite so long,I did actually have to open a paypal case at the 45 day limit,but was assured
that the item would be forthcoming so closed it.So all I have left now is goodwill.....it just seems that if Matt didn't have
bad luck,he'd have no luck at all.....I get it that he's had a mare of a time of late,but you know what it's like when an ocean
separates you from someone you're doing business with,and you've put money down on something...

Sattelite74,

Nobody's suggesting that you shouldn't be concerned. I've been screwed over on this forum several times (and many times in this hobby) after paying deposits. And yes, also there is the classic RPF non-communication / absurdly bad-luck spiral that we've seen over and over with certain people in the middle of a large run: the my dog died/ lost my house/ lost my car / got a divorce/ hurricane destroyed my shop/ I can't use email / I don't have a phone/ I can't send mail... followed by total silence.
And the most famous of all dodges: "I ran out of money and need MORE people to order the things I haven't delivered to deliver to pay for the ones I've not yet completed".

This forum has seen many a litany of elaborate dodges and frustrating excuses. It attracts some bad characters. But I don't think this is one of them.

I've bought and traded stuff with Matt for many years, and though I haven't met him in person (same with most of my RPF friends), my solid impression of him is that he is none of the above, and that he is a conscientious and honorable dude.

Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't worry, because money is real and people get boned all the time. But I would be COMPLETELY GOBSMACKED if Matt didn't come through.
I hope this alleviates some of your fear.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back