What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

....contact prop makers by email , not just a thread, to start a witch hunt...if someone wants to complain , take it up with the prop maker privately...being professional ourselves, instead of trying to get everyone in a witch hunt for someone , contact , the admins here , or contact Matt directly...
Believe me, starting a thread like this here, is not the first thing someone does. Before someone starts a thread here to call out for a prop-maker, he would have tried to contact the propmaker by PM, by mail, by facebook, by contact form on his site, etc... It's not fair to tell people that complained here in this thread, that this is not the correct way to communicate! In these cases, the communication failes from the sellers side.

And as said dozens of times in other threads: people here don't mind waiting a long time for a good quality prop, as long as communication is OK!!! Take a look at some respected prop-makers here: RelicMaker, Rylo, Sarednab, etc... They all offered prop replica's in the past that took months, even years to make, but they keep people posted about progress and NEVER had problems like the ones in this thread. Communication is key! It always is! Fail to communicate, and problems like these will pop up. And no, this is not the buyers fault then...

So far, it looks like Matsuo has been communicative on this thread inasmuch as he's aware this thread has new posts. In an entirely separate incident, I was asked if I knew the status of a prop maker due to a lack of response to inquiries. In of itself, this is a reasonable concern. But I later learned the inquiries were made on the prop maker's For Sale thread - something that is not your traditional method of communicating statuses of personal orders. On the surface, it appeared like the prop maker's fault, but in reality, e-mail was not used and the prop maker was entirely unaware.

With forums and multiple threads, it's hard to track down the enormity of what's said and asked. In the corporate world, people standardize on e-mail and phone. Some tech companies force their customers to use e-mail because written correspondence can be tracked and monitored for follow-up.

I have compassion towards anyone who ever feels they didn't get responded to and had to wait. I waited a year for a stormtrooper helmet that was supposedly ready for immediate shipment. However, as a non-customer and non-friend of Matsuo and therefore hopefully impartial, I honestly don't see Matsuo falling into the category of the kind of prop maker whose business practices are so bad that it merits banning (just check the RPF ban list and you'll recognize some names).

Threads like this can be well intentioned, and yet can also become a bullying platform. I have to tip my Glengarry to Matsuo for not asking the thread be deleted but hoping the information exchanged would be helpful. But hasn't the original purpose of the thread run its course?

So far, it looks like Matsuo has been communicative on this thread inasmuch as he's aware this thread has new posts. In an entirely separate incident, I was asked if I knew the status of a prop maker due to a lack of response to inquiries. In of itself, this is a reasonable concern. But I later learned the inquiries were made on the prop maker's For Sale thread - something that is not your traditional method of communicating statuses of personal orders. On the surface, it appeared like the prop maker's fault, but in reality, e-mail was not used and the prop maker was entirely unaware.

With forums and multiple threads, it's hard to track down the enormity of what's said and asked. In the corporate world, people standardize on e-mail and phone. Some tech companies force their customers to use e-mail because written correspondence can be tracked and monitored for follow-up.

I have compassion towards anyone who ever feels they didn't get responded to and had to wait. I waited a year for a stormtrooper helmet that was supposedly ready for immediate shipment. However, as a non-customer and non-friend of Matsuo and therefore hopefully impartial, I honestly don't see Matsuo falling into the category of the kind of prop maker whose business practices are so bad that it merits banning (just check the RPF ban list and you'll recognize some names).

Threads like this can be well intentioned, and yet can also become a bullying platform. I have to tip my Glengarry to Matsuo for not asking the thread be deleted but hoping the information exchanged would be helpful. But hasn't the original purpose of the thread run its course?
Extremely well put sir , that is what is true in most cases such as this

But I later learned the inquiries were made on the prop maker's For Sale thread - something that is not your traditional method of communicating statuses of personal orders.
If you start a for sale thread here on the RPF, and accept orders from RPF members, the least you can do is: 1) check your own sales thread from time to time (not too hard to follow up on your own threads: use the search function for all threads started by your own nickname. The bold ones have new posts in them.) and 2) check your PM's on the RPF.

If you are not planning on doing one of the above, please mention this CLEARLY in your sales thread and provide an e-mail adress where people can send mails to, that you also reply to! If you don't mention this, people have all the right in the world to be mad if you don't respond to PM's or messages in your own sales thread.

I really don't understand how difficult communication can be. Dozens of great prop-makers here, manage to follow up on the stuff they sell, so it can't be that difficult no? Why all those excuses?

Anyway, seems like Matsuo has every intention to make things right for his customers, but I also hope he took the lesson here: COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!

Yes it has,any issues that I had with Matt were resolved,delve back into it and you can see that Matt sorted me out and I,as the o.p.,am very happy.

Agreed but this thread has morphed into a useful platform for ppl to keep track of their outstanding orders with Matt. Closing / Deleting this thread would be a mistake I think, that's not to say that an Admin couldn't step in and either migrate the useful posts to a brand new thread *or* rename this thread to something more meaningful and remove the "chaff".

My 3 year old order with Matt has now been sorted, and I am very happy with the results. I do have a small outstanding piece of work pending with Matt [since October 2014] but I don't really consider this to be 'overdue' and so I don't think I personally have cause to begin an order tracking thread as I had initially proposed.

I would say that I didn't intend this to be a Matt-bashing exercise, and I think everyone is on the same page re Matt and his skill so votes-of-confidence posts are just cluttering up this thread.

If you don't have a horse in the race, think twice about posting please.

Agreed but this thread has morphed into a useful platform for ppl to keep track of their outstanding orders with Matt. Closing / Deleting this thread would be a mistake I think, that's not to say that an Admin couldn't step in and either migrate the useful posts to a brand new thread *or* rename this thread to something more meaningful and remove the "chaff".

I am in total agreement with this.

Oh.... I'm not that dull, I sent MANY e-mails, Messenger texts, etc. :facepalm:rolleyes:rolleyes
Thanks for making my point to other members here, that think people start threads like these, without trying to contact the propmaker by PM, e-mail etc... :thumbsup

Thanks for making my point to other members here, that think people start threads like these, without trying to contact the propmaker by PM, e-mail etc... :thumbsup
We all do our best, but sometimes things happen and life decides to drop heat on you, but there is always a flip side to everything.

I never harassed him, but kept on asking for updates throughout the year's. It would be no biggie, but I did send him a big chunk of change (which hurt more due to the exchange rate), and was expecting it sooner then much later. I don't think there's a wait this long for a hand built car!

I no longer can afford to be in the costuming world, and haven't been for a couple year's. At first I tried to get a refund, because I was just going to immediately try and sell the item to recoup my cost, but at this point, I think I will end up with a paper weight. I still have my steadicam vest that nobody wants. No matter how I swing this, I come out in the end with the fuzzy lollipop!

What are ya gonna do!?! :facepalm

I know it's frustrating Ty, and I'm grateful that you have been patient thus far. I'm hopeful I can resolve your order to your satisfaction.

M

I know it's frustrating Ty, and I'm grateful that you have been patient thus far. I'm hopeful I can resolve your order to your satisfaction.

M

Thanks Matt, send me a message when you get the chance. Things are busy around here, so my attention is elsewhere. Chat with you soon.
TD

Every time there is a reply bumping this thread, it puts into people's mind "Problems with Matsuo" even if there aren't new problems posted. It adds more noise to this subforum and demotes threads covering new props.

I might suggest using an existing For Sale thread by Matsuo where he has control over Post #1 to do updates whereas he can't do that with this thread but only reply.

After a long, long wait my high end prop from Matt has been delivered and it exceeds my wildest dreams. Matt told me it might take some time as parts, machining, engineering, and outsourcing of electronics were involved. It was totally worth the wait. Yea, I had a few anxious moments but I never doubted that Matt would make things right.

It's like the world famous gunsmiths. Some are one man shops but that one man is the "master" of a specific gun or gun modification. I waited once for two years just for my name to get reached for a gunsmith to take my gun, then another 8 months for the work to be done. However, patience paid off with that gunsmith, as did my patience with Matt.

Great to hear! Matt's had all my Pulse Rifle parts for a long time now. I've had some email contact with him, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't times that I was worried. I know he is a stand up guy and the work will be worth the wait, though. I also know he's had some pretty crappy stuff happen the past few years, so I try to keep that in mind while waiting.

While I had never posted in this thread before. I have been watching closely. I had an order in to Matt, but I am happy to say that I have also been taken care of by him. My PR parts showed up a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be more happy with the product.

Im not sure , I do not want to build my 2nd hero version M41-A pulse rifle, I have been thinking next year , of taking a roadtrip to see the Matt and hand deliver a box full of PR parts and let the man do it professionally , his work , way exceeds my own and I wouldn't trust anyone else to build my PR , but Matt !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back