What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

Re: Problems with Matsuo?

It's the gun that Karl Urban used in Doom,or at least it will be when I've painted and fitted it all to a G36!
968full-doom-screenshot1.jpg

Looks like you scored some great looking part's there. told you matt would come through. now when you have that puppy finished. gotta put up some pic's...

Anyone here heard from Matsuo lately? I'm in for 2 of his Dredd Lawgivers, but nothing so far. Been a while : more specifically since may 11th 2013 comms going on and off. Hope to get a sign of life soon...

All but sympathie and respect for his personal life situation, don't get me wrong.

It's great Matt's O.K. and that people are getting stuff, and Matt is posting in this thread, but I wonder if we shouldn't change the title of thread since no one is really having any "Problems with Matsuo"? I understand the OP's concern over what he had paid for, but the title may be a bit "strong" now. Just a thought...

It's great Matt's O.K. and that people are getting stuff, and Matt is posting in this thread, but I wonder if we shouldn't change the title of thread since no one is really having any "Problems with Matsuo"? I understand the OP's concern over what he had paid for, but the title may be a bit "strong" now. Just a thought...

I SECOND the thought of "changing the title of the thread." Matt is responding to communications and everyone is getting their stuff. If you ordered something - get in contact with him. You will get it. Understand it will take time. If we are to keep Matt in the business of making some kick bum props - we need to support a recovery and catch up on promised and committed projects. If there is no break in criticism and a flurry of complaints - people tend to eventually give up and move on. There is a difference between "long delays" - sporadic COMMS vs - Rip offs and Con men. Support communications and meeting current obligations. Matt will come through. You can see the progression in the posts in this thread - Matt is responding to communications and delivering projects.

Instead of demanding: "MATT WHERE THE HECK IS MY STUFF !?!!!! "

Try: "Hey Matt - I know things are busy and i can see you are trying to get on your feet - Any UPDATES on my project? Any projected delivery date? Thanks."

It could go a long way in getting your project completed. Just a thought. . . . .

I am posting in support of the Hobby and mutual benefits of close communication and trust. Some people loose that trust - deservedly so - but those trying to make good should have the full support of the community. Matt has shown progress and delivered on commitments - proof that he is making good. Let that success snowball. Keep in communication. Make those communications easy to respond to - not threatening demands - just request progress updates. You are more likely to get a quick positive response. Just another thought.

Keeping it REAL . . . .

I've taken my eye off this thread since Matt came through for me,originally I just wanted to see if anyone else was waiting for anything from him.
But,like I said he did deliver and the piece is pride of my collection,here's a pic if you haven't seen it already elsewhere on here.
DSCN9739.JPG
In fact Matt recently wrote to me with pics of his latest build which is a fine item indeed,which was good of him.
For anyone else who is waiting all I can say is,yes,time may be an issue,but quality is not.....patience is a virtue...they say.
If I can figure out how,I'll amend that thread title too.cheers guys.

Hello everyone,

I am a bit sorry that my first message on these forums has to deal with a complaint - but it's the only way I have found to get myself heard in a way that is respectable enough both for Matsuo and me.
So here is my story. I contacted Matsuo now more than 2 years ago to have a Pulse Rifle built for my girlfriend, who was also a huge Aliens fan.
It started through the Aliens Legacy forums:

- original thread where I asked for advice regarding which prop maker to contact.

- Matsuo and me exchanging several PMs after he was strongly recommended to me on the forums.
Capture2.PNG
(alternate link in case it does not show up)

It eventually ended up with me sending $900 to Matsuo over Paypal so that he could start working on a Pulse Rifle, and buy the parts he needed.
Matt.png
(alternate link in case it does not show up)

As you can see, this was in March 2013 - 2 years ago.

We then switched to e-mails for communication, and every month, I was doing a quick catch-up to see how things were moving along.
Flash forward to September 2013 - i.e 6 months later. Despite checking up with Matt every month, no visible progress had been made (because of previous orders that had to be honoured, I was told; and then of other issues, some of which he mentioned in the previous pages of this thread).
Since I was also starting to go through tough times (= a family member that got badly ill, and whose treatment to pay for turned out to be a lot - so we had to split it between me and other members of my family), I just asked Matt if I could get a refund.
He agreed to it, but it never came through, despite the monthly e-mails I kept sending him afterwards.

He explained me his tough situation at length, which I can sympathize with; but in the meantime, I also was going through tough personal and financial times and it did not feel like I myself was getting much mutual support or sympathy from Matt. I started to get a bit frustrated, and he eventually told me that because he did end up buying the parts, it would be easier for him to just send me a pulse rifle. Tired of it all, I said yes (even if money was more important to me because of the treatment to pay for, I figured I could always sell the Pulse Rifle after getting it). However, I warned him that if I did not see anything by March 2014 (i.e. a year after the original order), I would have to go on forums and let everyone know - or maybe even consider creating a blog relating the whole story, and pushing it through SEO and Google Ads using the "Matsuo", "propmaker" and "pulse rifle" keywords.
Mean, I know - and in the end, I did not do it, cause I am probably nicer than those threats I uttered in order to get my money back to pay for my relative's treatment.
That was in December 2013.
Since then we haven't exchanged any more emails.
And I did not receive any Pulse Rifle.
Life took over, my relative's health got worse (he died recently, eventually), and therefore I did have to leave all this on the side for some time.

Flash forward again.
A month ago, I broke up with the longtime girlfriend this pulse rifle was meant for (and I also moved abroad, partly to cope with it).
So here I am now: $900 short, no pulse rifle, no nothing left.

Will the RPF community help us resolve this long standing issue so that both Matt and I can move on with our lives?

PS: I did not include the email and PM logs, out of respect for Matt and his privacy (as those exchanges were not meant to be public).
But if needed, I can produce them and send then via PM to anyone who would be willing to act as an arbiter.

Last edited:

You first link show you asking about a PR. the second two show nothing. links not working...

Thanks for letting me know, Sean.
Reuploaded the files in the main message (and will also add alternate links to a hosting platform elsewhere, just in case).
Let me know if that works.

Hello Matt,

9 months of regular exchanges and dozens of email did not get us anywhere - nor did the 3 months I left you after that to come up with some proof of anything being worked on.
And it has been an extra year since then. So sorry if this is all a bit harsh, but I believe I have tried everything nice before.

I'll keep everyone posted and be glad to let everyone know you have done right by me when it happens.
All I want is a refund, really.

I never did figure out how to ammend the title of this thread! I didn't want it to become a Matt bashing area,he came through for me in the end,good luck.

Last edited:

I never did figure out how to ammend the title of this thread! I didn't want it to become a Matt bashing area,he came through for me in the end,good luck.

You go to the first post and go into the the edit meny, There you change the thread title... maybe to "Problems with Matsuo? (SOLVED) "

he came through for me in the end,good luck.

And I want to believe he will for me as well, trust me :)
But in the meantime, I can't take any chances of having $900 disappear just based on someone's supposedly good reputation.
It's now been 2 years, dozens of emails, including some on a monthly basis throughout an entire year!

I am not using this thread as a smear / bashing campaign, but as the only way I have to hold Matt accountable.
As flimsy and ****ty as this all is, this public reputation / peer pressure stuff is the only guarantee I can ever have that there is something prompting him to do right by me - since in the eyes of PayPal it's long over for a refund.

So please don't close this thread till my case is solved; and, if may ask, please consider not adding the "solved" mention till my issue is actually solved.
By respect for Matt - and in order to give him the benefit of doubt - I'd rather be able to keep it all to this thread and not have to open another similar one (making all this even more prominent than before) just for my ongoing issue.

Thanks for the info Contec.
Mawwic,I understand your frustration,I do,but as I didn't want this to become a general thread for issues with Matt,and my own situation has been
resolved I think that I really should try and change the title a bit.
Maybe it would be better for you to start your own thread,the guys here really stepped up for me as you have read I'm sure.Maybe you will be as
lucky as I was.Don't give up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back