Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Final Jacket MODS

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P!

Have you figured out a way to connect the two pieces of your blaster? If not, have you considered using JB Weld putty? That stuff is great when trying to fill in pieces. It's pretty easy to work with and you can smooth it out by dipping your fingers in water and rubbing it against the putty. It is quite strong and easily paintable.

Incredible work on the Orb. Consider me subscribed!!

Blaster work begins! I removed all the innards from the Nerf launch air mechanism......ain't nobuddy got time for dat!!!

Next I smoothed out the overall top and bottom pieces. I plan on joining the two pieces with plastic or thin tin and Bondo the gap, sand, and paint. I'm leaving the lower trigger mechanism in place in order to allow the entire top and bottom one piece pop up.

Picture 14.jpg Picture 17.jpg

Next I plan to use this set up for the gun. I am going to add a second LED in the system so that there is one for each barrel. The microswitch will sit behind the upper trigger and be used to turn the LEDs on / off.

il_570xN.351087567.jpgil_570xN.351087627.jpgil_570xN.351085424.jpgil_570xN.351085454.jpg Picture 15.jpg Picture 18.jpg
I left a gap of about 1/2 inch so that the 9V battery can stick out a little and all the wiring concealed inside the gun handle.

Now to figure out the best way to join the two orange pieces to make the one piece sturdy.

So I got my Davy Starlord bucket. A great cast. Unfortunately a little bit small for my head to have it remain a one piece bucket. Also for a slush cast it is very rough on the inside and if I pad it up it will be even tighter. I'd hate to have to Dremel down the inside to make it smoother? Wet sanding ensuring I don't sand through the cast?

Picture 20.jpg Picture 21.jpg Picture 22.jpg Picture 23.jpg Picture 24.jpg Picture 25.jpg

So I am thinking a two part bucket. Cutting along either one of these seams and using earth magnets to hold the parts together on my noggin. I won't know if it will truly fit until I cut the bucket. I know it will but to cut or not to cut!!! What cut do you guys think would be best??? Red lines indicate cut line!!

Picture 21-cutlline.jpg Picture 21-2.jpg

Alright I have over 7 hours of Dremel work in this bucket and things are moving slowly!!! The problem of not fitting my fat head.............gone! It fits just fine.

So I spent the first 3 1/2 hours cleaning up, cutting, and overall sanding the fiberglass on the inside. The eyes are prepped as well. I still need to sand the inside down even more but I need to be careful. Areas along the edge were thin and brittle so I had to take of a little bit more around the edges. This made the edge on the right side fairly brittle. I will have to reinforce it with resin.

Picture 26.jpg Picture 27.jpg Picture 28.jpg Picture 29.jpg Picture 30.jpg Picture 31.jpg

The back of the bucket looks too plain so having found limited images I tried my best to give it more character. Not the most screen accurate but I had to do what I had to in order to not destroy the bucket and not add to it. The red lines shows the changes I will make.

Picture 36.jpg Picture 37.jpg Picture 38.jpg

So the million dollar question? The areas that came on the original back area below the Dremeled area. What would be the easiest way to fill in those areas? Bondo? Resin?

Now for air bubbles in the following areas. Resin? Bondo? I'm thinking resin because it is easier to use to fill in small holes and bubbles. Some are very thin and have hairline cracks.

Picture 32.jpg Picture 33.jpg Picture 35.jpg

Proof that it fits!! Finally!

Picture 39.jpg Picture 40.jpg Picture 41.jpg

Any help would be great since this is my first "bucket" that I have ever owned and worked on!

Well I posed the same question over on the FB RPF group and suggestions ranged. I was given a good description of plumers puddy for filling in the air bubbles. Off to Home Depot this afternoon. Need to get to work on this helmet!!!!

Looking great. Love the orb you did. Fantastic job

Well not the BEST job but it will be sanded down. I used some of my really old Smooth On resin that is cloudy and not really good for casting. 1:1 ratio of Part A and Part B and did a slush until the resin was hard.

Did the same for the side of the helmet but it didnt go well!!!

Thank goodness we can sand!!!

Picture 47.jpg Picture 49.jpg

Actually now that I see the pictures it doesn't look like anything good happened in this helmet.............well maybe with Gamora?

I think I added about a pound in weight to the helmet!!!

Cleaned up my Sony Walkman TPS-L2. Dry fitting the pieces together and added what is most needed and required inside ANY Sony Walkman!!!
Picture 53.jpgPicture 54.jpgPicture 55.jpgPicture 56.jpgPicture 57.jpg

Bondo and sanded the back of the helmet. I yet again had to reinforce certain areas that were so thin you could see the resin cracking.

Next is the small bubble holes, 220, 500, 800, 1000, and 1200 grit sanding, primer, and finally I can start painting.

Picture 58.jpg Picture 59.jpg Picture 60.jpg

Added the lid to the Sony Walkman with the nylon hinges!!! I had to clean up the cast with new edges and reinforced with resin from the inside. Also a test of the color using Testors sea blue and metallic silver. I might also try dark blue with metallic silver. Some images of the Walkman are almost metallic sea blue.

Picture 65.jpg Picture 66.jpg Picture 67.jpg Picture 68.jpg Picture 69.jpg Picture 70.jpg Picture 71.jpg Picture 72.jpg

looks like the cast walkman i recieved in the mail, just removed the door, will do cleanup work, drill holes and also add my player also...just like your way cool...

Metal goodness arrived on my doorstep postmarked from the UK!!! It has something to do with a buckle!!!!!!

Hey Cap'n sent you a PM last week was wondering if you read it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back