Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Final Jacket MODS

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P!

Fresh off my 3D printer..............I mean EASY BAKE OVEN! I'll be dropping it into silicone for making a mold and testing it with cold cast nickel!!
Picture 88.jpg

My first nickel cold cast version all sanded and polished. I still may need to paint the grooves and the button. Second one is drying in the mold. My next one will be aluminum cold cast to see the difference in color and shine.
Picture 94.jpgPicture 95.jpgPicture 96.jpg

Next two of these for my Starlord eyes!!!

View attachment 362938

I was about to bang out something similar from scratch, but heck, if this can be ordered, well...that's a whole different story, but if I cut off four of the lights from a string of 20, will the rest of them work, do you think?

Here's the reason I ask...(and as Doc Emmit Brown would have said; "Please forgive the crudeness of this model");
Behold_crop.jpg
I started by numbering the compass points (albeit slightly askew on the 1 position) and marked the number of remaining lights between them.
This shot appears a little skewed because Peter is not looking directly at the camera...as 'Escape' plays and someone somewhere says "Behold!"
I also remember doing the math from my third row seat during the seventh screening of the movie ;) .................Yes, I have a problem :wacko ...and I can stop any time I want to. :lol

Last edited:

Time to get this home to it's leather strap!!!! Now I can begin construction after staining leather!!!
View attachment 378356

PM me, I have a spare KEY that doesn't have the pinion in it.

The place that makes 'em and I have been on the phone back and forth and the guy I've been talking to finally saw a picture of what we're all doing over here and was kind enough to replace the key portion with the pinion in it. As I ordered two, he sent me two..."with compliments". Shown below on the left is what I had ordered with the pinion in it...It looks like you did too by the looks of where that pinion used to sit. And on the right is my buckle with the correct key inside it.
Makefast with compliments.JPG
See how that key's belt entry is more narrow? That's what you're looking for. As I said above...PM me and I'll be happy to get yours to looking a little more screen accurate :D

Last edited:

Sony Walkman done! Ipod Nano inside has well over 7 Awesome Mix Volumes!

The headphones I found in my old storage box. It will be severely modded.

Picture 107.jpg Picture 108.jpg Picture 109.jpg

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Base Boots!!

I took the plunge spend the money! I think I have found the Star lord base boots!! They are women's boots so I went with the largest size for the foot! Only concern is the shaft of the boot since girls have small feet and legs! (Nice ones though!)
cp-4206-blk_large.jpgcp-4206-blk-back_large.jpgcp-4206-blk-bottom_large.jpgcp-4206-blk-front_large.jpgcp-4206-blk-side_large.jpg

They also make a boot that looks very close to Gamora's boot!!! Waiting for the wifey to say "GO" since she is not much of a wedge kinda gal!!

1927996-p-DETAILED.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Expanding the costumes to the rest of the family! Late nights and no sleep begins!

Rockette Raccoon! My daughter is still debating a pink tutu for the "Rockette" part!

CIMG3443.JPGCIMG3441-1.jpg

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Base Boots!!

The boots I'm almost positive were built from the ground up. They actually were only half a boot, without a front half, which the spat covers

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Rocket controls!!

Working late tonight I mean morning! Rocket booster controls on pants.

Starlords actual device.
rocket booster controls.png

Right and left rocket booster controls. Held on by extremely powerful earth magnets.
CIMG3450.JPG CIMG3451.JPG CIMG3452.JPGCIMG3454.JPGCIMG3455.JPG

I am a little concerned of the devices getting snagged on something while at Disneyland's Mickey's Trick or Treat. Getting on and off rides will be a concern if they fall off however they may just end up sticking to the metal rides. I was originally going to go with Chicago screws but figured that earth magnets would work better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Rocket controls!!

Great build. Can you post who does the helmet. I see Davy all over the rpf on this helm but no idea how to contact him.

Hope so. He is talented. It's unfortunate to hear people had bad dealings with him.

Anyways, back on track.

Excellent work on everything so far Capn! :thumbsup

Been working, working, working on my bucket! Spent all weekend sanding the primer. Today was masking the mask! Ran out of dayllight to paint. I'm going to give it three coats of metallic gray remove the tape, mask the mask again, and hit it with three coats of metallic gold! Everything else will be hand painted! I need to find a quality model paint! Testers sucks big time! Also need to figure out what to seal the entire helmet with perhaps clear coat!?

Picture 116.jpgPicture 117.jpgPicture 118.jpgPicture 119.jpg

Picture 120.jpg

Took to the Dremel again and made the front more like the hero version especially that little indentation in the front.

Picture 121.jpg

I didn't have much luck heating and bending the resin greeblies for the breather units. The parts just crumbled or deformed badly. I took the remaining parts and manufactured some more accurate looking parts; created the mold and cast the first pair! Much better and the alignment is perfect!!
Picture 122.jpg

Test of the LEDs in the eye behind the lens! I will divide the LED strand into 8 per eye.
Picture 128.jpgPicture 127.jpgPicture 129.jpg

Staar Lord Maan. How long was the wait on the order for the buckles? Just want to get an idea of when to expect mine that I ordered

PM me, I have a spare KEY that doesn't have the pinion in it.

The place that makes 'em and I have been on the phone back and forth and the guy I've been talking to finally saw a picture of what we're all doing over here and was kind enough to replace the key portion with the pinion in it. As I ordered two, he sent me two..."with compliments". Shown below on the left is what I had ordered with the pinion in it...It looks like you did too by the looks of where that pinion used to sit. And on the right is my buckle with the correct key inside it.
View attachment 379535
See how that key's belt entry is more narrow? That's what you're looking for. As I said above...PM me and I'll be happy to get yours to looking a little more screen accurate :D

Been working, working, working on my bucket!

Test of the LEDs in the eye behind the lens! I will divide the LED strand into 8 per eye.

Actually, if you can swing 12 per eye, you'll be spot on...(please forgive the crudeness of this diagram)

Behold_crop.jpg

Can you tell me what you're using for the lenses?
View attachment 383337

Staar Lord Maan. How long was the wait on the order for the buckles? Just want to get an idea of when to expect mine that I ordered

I didn't mark time because it was the first thing I ordered but I looked back through my emails, (I keep meticulous records), and found that I had paid for two of them on Aug 21, 2014 and I made a video when I got them in my mailbox on August 29, 2014. (I live in Northern California...so, roughly 9 or 10 days).
Here's that video of me inaccurately displaying and measuring it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok cool thanks that helps. I recieve my PDF invoice Monday

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back