Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Final Jacket MODS

Capn_Jack_Savvy

Sr Member
Never has a movie character jumped off the silver screen and has gotten me excited about costumes again! Well not since Capn Jack! I saw GotG and knew StarLord was on my To Do list!

First thing was to collect every photo and HD video and plan of attack!

Since most parts are on order I decided to start with the simplest thing!

Orb Infinity Stone
IMG_20140809_005751.jpg IMG_20140809_005728.jpg IMG_20140809_005705.jpg

Next will be a foam 1:1 scaled Sony Walkman! It will house my Nano! The jacket will have built in speakers to get everyone excited on the music!

Now where is my razors?

Last edited:
Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P!

Nice! I also started with the infinity orb. I used a styrofoam ball and a soldering iron in mine, did you do the same?

Well first I collected as many images of the real movie prop as possible and went to town on a white styrofoam ball using a wood burning kit....similar to your soldering iron in most respects.....Not as clumsy or random as a soldering iron buta more elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

I drew the design starting from the "G" on the movie prop and slowly drew out the entire ball using as many images as possible. Next I used multiple tips to burn out each section and finally used a very small pointed tip for the minute details. After that I rolled it around on a very hard flat surface to smooth out all the edges.

Painting required black acrylic paint; three layers espcially to get all the nooks and crannies. After drying I used Sophisticated Finishes pewter on the flat surfaces; after it dried I was not satisfied so I hit the flat areas once more bu this time using Testors metallic silver. The picture doesn't do it justice but there are shiny areas. Used matte finisher to seal the prop up.

Well how sad that nothing came in the mail Saturday....<sigh>! Well working on a cassette tape all weekend but man it is hard to remove the old labels from a TDK tape that is over 20 years old!

By the way here is the pants I ordered:
41Dx8huQ4hL.jpg41GoW0osAPL._SX425_.jpg41ZMOj6pW8L.jpg

Im the same, the only costume i have is he indian jone outfit, but when i saw the GOTG movie i was excited to build a costume. I like the orb, let me know how you do the foam sony tape player as i will have todo the same. I think i will have an audio jack that headphone can plug into, then like you said on ipod nano inside.

That is one of the best looking orbs I have seen yet. I was thinking of doing it a different way, but after seeing this I may be buying a foam ball and wood burning kit ASAP.

Well I am extremely disappointed with the pants. What looks good on paper and description may not be what is true in real life or when you get your item. These pants generally ran small according to the the reviews so I went with a waist 38 (I wear 34 jeans) figuring I could layer underneath. Well not only can I not fit into to them but I REALLY can't get the thing even buttoned up! Also Cordura is HOT!!! Time to seek out some tactical pants instead!!!

Well I think I have found my Starlord pants but once again they are motorcycle armored pants and I am hesitant to make the purchase. Having to return one pair already I don't want to make the same mistake twice. The search continues but I will be watching these....

Starlord motorcycle pants.JPG

Those are the same pair MorbidCharlie purchased, and I believe he was happy with them

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. Removed the side pocket and manufacturer labels without any issue. :)

Well today has been like Christmas! My two T-Fury Guardian shirts arrived today!!! My Quad Blasters are here! My blue shirt is here! My headphones have arrived as well!! Davy bucket shipped!! Pants shipped! Bag has shipped! Saturday is a trip to Tandy Leather to pick up necessary D-rings for the bag, rivets and square keepers for the boots, and some red leather dye!!!!!

I have already sanded down the lettering on the Quad blasters and really would like to join the two plastic pieces together and rid of that GAP!! Found this great DIY on the blaster that I am going to mod mine after AND add lights from RTGS Products and rig them up to the trigger. Battery pack will be stored in the upper or lower barrels!!

DIY!

Blue LEDs.jpeg

Next two of these for my Starlord eyes!!!

Red LEDs.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yeah! Add three more costumes to this thread! Wifey as Gamora, 5 year old daughter as Rockette Racoon, and 8 year old son as dancing Groot!! My son keeps bugging me every day if there has been any progress on his costume!!!! Oh boy "this is where the fun begins!"

I just got my blasters in aswell. Was looking at them seeing what I need to do to them. I noticed that they are thicker then the movie ones but I'm not going to worry about that but I would like the tips to match more of movie. Yeah I'm going to in fill those areas too.

Well the modding has begun. I am interested in joining these two pieces together by filling in the gap. What would be the best method of doing this especially since it is plastic. I didn't want to use fiberglass as the DIY video states because it is messy. Any good ideas? It might be too large of a gap for modeling filler.
nerf quad blaster-edit.jpg

cant wait to see how the eyes turn out....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back