Winter soldier forearm. Made from metal: tutorial

Jasonium

I decided to make a winter soldier arm from sheet metal. I roughed out a design on paper after measuring my forearm. Cut the paper pieces out and copy onto sheet metal. Cut out metal pieces with tin snips. Rivet pieces onto another piece of sheet metal. I painted the holding sheet gold, just for a laugh and some of the arm pieces burgundy for contrast. Add some foam to cover the inner rivet pieces and stop your arm from being shredded when you put it on. When everything is secure, slowly bend the whole thing round into an arm shape. Rivet the edges and voila! Halfway to becoming buck barnes.

update: now i ve almost finished the shoulder. Warning: small, smiley faced kids ball treated cruelly during the making of this bit. Basically, i got a ball, shoulder sized and drew winter soldier markings on it. Popped it! And cut out the pieces. Then cut out the pieces on metal sheet. I made a base plate with a circle of aluminium. I riveted the pieces on, patched iup the gaps, spray painted it chrome, added an inner foam layer and painted on the red star(i ll be neatening this up later) bicep next week and putting it all together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back