First attempt of creation. STORMTROOPER'S HELMET [UPDATE]

prehisto

Greetings, friends!

A week ago I was surfing through the Internet when suddenly saw a shop that sold Stormtrooper's helmets and suits.
What to say, very cool though too expensive for me. So I wondered if anyone tried to craft their own helmets and it was a big surprise for me when I found out there were lots of great people and cummunities that actually do craft nearly everything!

So!
I decided to try it myself. And I would really appreciate your opinions, my dears! Opinions on my current progress. I'm absolutely new to this sphere, so it's hard for me to rate my own work and to figure out what should be fixed before I go on to the next steps.

Here are some pictures.

DSC_0498.jpgDSC_0499.jpgDSC_0500.jpgDSC_0502.jpgDSC_0504.jpg

Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Re: First attempt of creation. STORMTROOPER'S HELMET

what is it made from? looks good! Well done. I look forward to seeing it painted up.

Thanks! It's a very classic way of making a helmet as it's my first one. First I've made a paper version from pepakura prints, then covered it with resin and finally used putty to do some special parts and details.
I was just wondering if I should fix something before going further.

I was away on vacation, so it's been a while. Gonna make an update in several minutes!

Last edited:

So! I'm back from a seaside and I'm gonna go on with my work on the helmet. This is what I have now:

DSC_0496.jpgDSC_0495.jpgDSC_0493.jpgDSC_0497.jpgDSC_0498.jpgDSC_0503.jpg

I think I should do some final sculpting and then start the sanding process. Personally I like it so far! I didn't expect it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
It's me again, hey!
After several attempts of sanding and filling again, I decided I'm not able to final sculpt without clay, so I started trying some...

clay.jpgDSC_0572.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back