Hasbro Hero Series X-Wing

Looks like a TON of work to remove the extra plastic connection the upper and lower engines... not sure why they would do that seems like a TON of extra plastic that is not needed... the main body looks pretty good tough. Obviously needs to be repainted but not bad.

Jedi Dade

Hi I'm Marcustheedge. A very experienced modeler on many types and sizes of models and props in both fiction and non-fiction.. Now concerning the new Hero Series X-wing fighter, the possibilitie of this new replica with the state it comes in are endless.. For instance, if you want it to be an X- Wing with the wings extended then you would have to purchase two of them to obtain the four wings required. I do not know what Hasbro had in mind with this new product. but it's a builders dream come true because it's not already completely finished nor it's not already completely completed. Yet it is complete enough to play with or to look at. But I will say this to them that have a mind to understand, that this new size X-Wing combined with a modelers talents and skills is waiting to blow everybody's minds with its sheer size... For instance, take one of these and scale it out, and the scale up the cockpit inside, also whether the entire exterior of the entire ship as it appears in the movie, with possible battle damage and or do some kind of diorama for it all to sit on. Then go ake it to one of your local model contest and see what happens.. And for those of you that are into other forms of modeling like rockets?.. Then recall the possibilities of the old Estes Maxi Brute X-Wing. Now apply this new X-Wing to those ideas. So I encourage you all to have fun with this new Hero series X-Wing because it's on a whole new different level. And is already a hit in my book and I've been at this modeling stuff for some decades now and I know what I'm talking about here. So bank on it !. I've made a lot of money doing this kind of thing, besides having fun. Now you go have fun and get yourself a couple of these new X-Wings while they're still out there and don't wait till they're gone so then the eBay members start jacking the prices up on them because of their awesomeness, oddness and uniqueness. Have fun. Edge : )

Last edited:
Ahh, that shouldn't stop you.. An X-Wing is still an X-Wing in cruise or landing configuration. And it would look great with a few others in a flight line hangar diorama. Besides right now I wouldn't want this one in the X-Wing mode anyway.. Because there's no Tie fighter to go with it yet. And from the looks of it, this model seems to be more of a model to me than a toy, although it's sold as a toy and sold at places like certain retail toy store's.. But it sure has some pretty accurate scale lines more than the the Power of the Force edition X-Wing. And I'll throw one more in there for good measure.. Who else sells a giant prop size X-Wing of this size for $40. bucks?.. Ya just can't beat the value and potential of this big monster... C'mon, you know you love Star Wars and the X-Wing fighter so go out there and get yourself one of these because Hasbro has just outdid themselves.. So congratulations Hasbro !! Because you guy"s just came out with something I've been waiting for since 1977. Now you REALLY ROCK !
: )

Last edited:
I pretty much am in agreement with you Marco(?); I am currently mastering an x and while I am not converting my maxi-brute, I am using a fair amount of it's measurements for a scratch built fuselage. That said, this new x-wings fuselage looks to be spot on and should be a good candidate for serious scratch and bashing... even if it is not studio scale. Jim

Got one of these the other day. for the price its really impressive with the size. It kind of sucks that the foils dont deploy but for $40 and that size, im cool with it. Going to do some very light work with it, maybe do some slight burning (burnt cork) for battle damage and hang it in my video game room.

Okay, where do I get one?

Okay, just found it on Amazon. the review says the plastic is not much thicker than a plastic drinking cup. Is this true? I wouldn't mind getting one of these just to fix it up and display it, but if it is THAT flimsy maybe not.

Last edited:
think that this new format, although I can´t see the actual play value (except for the kids being REALLY tired at the end of a play day from just carrying those monsters around), is PERFECT for a TIE fighter. I can´t wait until they release an AT-AT in the same scale :p

I admired but kinda didn't want the Mattel Space:1999 Eagle for the same reason. It was just so friggin' big, it was difficult to play with as a toy....it was more of a stationary playset.

Im gonna get one. If PH says the fuselage rocks....thats good enough for me. Toy conversions are a blast, heck I migh even graft on some wings from another X wing toy. Remember...the last Kenner X-wing was ripped of from an Icons replica.

If PH says the fuselage rocks....thats good enough for me.

Relatively speaking (and then some). IMO its at least as good as the smaller conversion I did before.

Really, the only porportional issue I saw was the end cap. I'm not a full-on X expert like Salso, Mon Tox, Jason, or some others. But (especially being a toy) it looks pretty much dead-on.

And it's only $45...

Last edited:
I grabbed two of them at Target last week at $37 each. One is already out and on display. The other is still in the box until I get ready to mod it. I noticed on the one I assembled is that you have two option to put it together. One is so that it looks good from above like sitting on a table, or putting the wings and laser pods on a different combination the wings look good from below hanging from a wire. But the engine exhaust pods still have open holes in the bottom, so the hanging it from the ceiling view is still not perfect. If you have not bought this yet, the wings and laser tubes are only finished on one side and hollow on the back from the injection molding process. $40 bucks will only buy you so much... But still very worth it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back