The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I did some more digging around about the movie tape. Found someone's build page on the net. And discovered a few things.

Found out it's the CDing2, not the CDingII. Established from the bronze "whirls" that poke out under the tape label.

There are at least 2 other tells I have figured out concerning the tape reels and cassette body. The third tell would be the tape length, which I'm working on next. But I do think Risu is right on it being a 90 minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, that was my mistake. But yes, it's well documented which tape was used.

I think I ended up doing about 60 of them when it was all said and done

20140803_122640_zpsgus8ilxc.jpg

Kevin Gossett, Thanks. Been spending most my free weekends on them. I still have the rocket controls and blaster mounts todo. But wanted to do those when i get ready to print the blasters so i can get the fit of them just right. Im working hard to finish as im going to the Comikaze Expo in LA at the end of Oct. I also found out about the Comicon In Palm Springs but not going to make that. Its nice to be centered and easy to get to of 3 events

Those look fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the specs for quad-blasters? I am looking for the length, thickness, etc....trying to get a more screen accurate file created. I tried to look with-in this thread and on the other forums and can't find that information.

Thanks in advance!

How are most people attaching the leather holster pads to their pants?

Snaps would be nice to have to take them off to wash the pants, has anyone had success using them?

Snaps would be nice to have to take them off to wash the pants, has anyone had success using them?

I'm curious about this myself. I will be ordering pants pretty soon and would be nice to know what to get ahead of time.

Snaps ...a great idea or sew Velcro unto both pants and pads...

I just sewed mine on. For the most part im not washing them. If they get dirty i will wash it by hand, its not like im wearing them every day.
Plus looks better when it is sewn on.

Hey guys!

Since no one has approached me to buy the old Star Lord spats in a while I decided it was time to upgrade so now that I finally had some time on my hands I grabbed some faux leather I had laying around (not the best colors I agree) to put together some prototypes for the new one. I haven't made the flap on top of the shoe yet but I will add that later on. Still needs some work but it's finally on the works, what do you guys think?

85299a7e529e7a3b69d8547999cc878a.jpg

Btw I just opened a website that you can check it in my profile and I have a discount code for everyone in the community so if someone sees something they like like the star Lord jacket or something don't hesitate to send me a pm ;)

Danny

Two years on and I'm still working on improving my costume, which is why it still isn't done. I was almost done with my boot rockets but a few small inaccuracies kept nagging at me, so I went back to revisit after upgrading my printer. I wanted to tweak the intake fan, add the mesh vents, wires and make the exhaust guide arms thinner with the correct number of joints (my earlier versions were slightly simplified to make printing easier and more durable). Here's a piece from my latest w-i-p version. I originally tried adding mesh and joints manually, but was unable to get the details symmetrical and exact enough at that level, so I ended up adding them to the 3d model instead. (The mesh holes are actually slightly smaller on the screen rockets, but I don't know how much of that is paint fill-in, because they are all but obscured even when seen up-close. I also had to pick a size that I knew would print nicely.) To print this level of detail, I had to do different parts in different materials and setups, as well as change nozzles on the machine. Even so, each part was a lot of trial and error, with lots of throwaway tests.

bootrockets.jpg

My walkman (not a TPS) finally stopped working at a recent convention. So I guess I'll be looking around for a resin cast or something that will hold both a tape and a MP3 player.

Quick question:

I've got a Star Lord helmet and a cast of a Sony Walkman that need to be spray painted.

Can someone give me some guidance of the right colours to use, that are available for purchase in the UK?

I've googled so many colours mentioned on the forums here and they all seem to be readily available in Walmart in the USA but I can't find them in the UK.

Any help much appreciated, I'm trying to get this sorted before the UK Comicon at the end of October.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back