The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey guys! Finally got a chance to work on these super accurate pieces, will be molding this weekend! I also got accurate leather straps for the necklaces and I'm working on a pin system for the lapel pin.

68a795bea59bbb7d7b67d0253f906072.jpg

The GotG2 Tokyo red carpet event turned out awesome - I got signatures from Bautista, Gunn and Pratt, who was sweet enough to say my costume was like looking in a mirror. My friend got a selfie shot, but sadly couldn't get any of me and Pratt, since autograph seekers kept shoving things in front of her camera. This was a much cooler experience than getting pics and autographs at Tokyo Comic Con, in its way. All in all, A plus, would put in for the lottery to do this again for the next Marvel event, in spite of my aching feet at the end. Also, wow, Bautista, all the cosplay fans around us were stunned by his physique.

Thanks for the shirt and Infinity stone, SoulInertia!

Jacket from BlackLeather - I wound up with a tent of a thing - it was perfect in the sleeve, but way long in the body, which is typical for a person who wants something to actually fit a girl with monkey arms and swimmer shoulders that will also close over a (bound) chest. I cut it down and redid the zipper to my sewing machine's protests, and started the aging process with washed down Fleischman's leather dye in brown. I also stitched down the side straps and closed the front pockets, since they were getting in the way and the pockets gaped open stupidly. Since the jacket has very nice deep interior pockets on both sides, it caused no issues.
IMG_8982.JPGIMG_8990.JPGIMG_8932.JPGIMG_8922.JPGIMG_8964.JPG

So, I went back and looked at some very high-res photos, did a lot of comparing and checking and had a couple mental breakthroughs wherein I noticed some details that I got completely wrong in my first version and that I haven't seen replicated. Here's a new model which will be made in two separate metals for later assembly and is much improved over the earlier one. Oh, and I also did the second pendant with the asymmetrical details, including the groove along the ridge and beveled edges.

acc_pendant.jpg

Now to get going on the lapel pin... and another, much larger prop (not Star Lord related) that I haven't yet seen attempted...

acc_pendant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone happen to know the exact buckle and base shoe used on the Vol 2 boots? I browsed through the plethora of pages in this thread and didn't notice any mentions.

I gathered the boot itself was custom. Basically everything is lol, was just curious for the base shoe. It looked similar to the Vol 1 but wasn't 100% sure.

So, I preordered the Hasbro Star Lord helmet the day it was available. Although it's not due to be released till August, Amazon just cancelled my order due to unavailability.

Anyone else get the email, or know the reason why?

So, I preordered the Hasbro Star Lord helmet the day it was available. Although it's not due to be released till August, Amazon just cancelled my order due to unavailability.

Anyone else get the email, or know the reason why?

Same here and haven't figured out why either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More changes on the angled Vol 2 Element Gun. Thicker, stubbier muzzle, sharper angle on grip (should be more accurate as the angle doesn't seem to begin until just before the lower barrel assembly starts by looking at BTS images), cutout tweaks, slight mods to the lower barrel. I've also made the top power cell removable (as can be seen in one of the latest trailers). I'm still pretty sure that the angled version is 15-20% smaller overall than the Vol 1. (They look very small in both Pratt's and Russel's hands.)

angled1.jpg

At first I thought the angled barrel looked awful but it's growing on me. I need an extra set of guns for my 1:1 statue anyway, but I'm not looking forward to hydro-dipping another set of grips...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back