The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I am currently working on a buckle, This is from my pitting test. Going to redo the pits because I am doing my best to copy the pit layout. Hope to have a master printed soon.
Buckle Sample.jpgPit Layout-sample.jpg

I just thought I would let people know that through 11:59 tonight, Target online has a great deal on the quad blasters. Buy one get one half off! And if you do store pickup there is no shipping, not too shabby in my opinion.

Does anyone know how the Walkman is attached to the belt?
My first thought was the original case but if you look at this pic it seems like it must be held on by a belt clip or something attached to the back:
xsmqkYQ.png

Also (if it's not already on here) The headphones are Sony MDR-5a headphones:

p074i2.jpg sonymdr5a_preview.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the Walkman is attached to the belt?
My first thought was the original case but if you look at this pic it seems like it must be held on by a belt clip or something attached to the back:
View attachment 365036

Also (if it's not already on here) The headphones are Sony MDR-5a headphones:

View attachment 365040 View attachment 365041

If i had to take a guess, the propmaster probably just attached a belt clip to the walkman, like you'd find on a tape measure or cell phone belt holster.

Thanks for posting those headphones. I bought the cheap set that had orange earpads, but watching the film a second time, i noticed that there was something sticking up above his ear. Looks like you found it.

Last edited:
If i had to take a guess, the propmaster probably just attached a belt clip to the walkman, like you'd find on a tape measure or cell phone belt holster.

Thanks for posting those headphones. I bought the cheap set that had orange earpads, but watching the film a second time, i noticed that there was something sticking up above his ear. Looks like you found it.

Ah, that was my first thought too.
And my pleasure, I noticed the side bit when he adjusted the band size for Gamora just before the 'pelvic sorcery'. They are rare though (from what I have found), as with the Walkman, if you can find them they're expensive. I'm going to have a search of family attics and ask around for both just in case I'm lucky.

So, what's the consensus? Are his boots black or brown? Also @Kevin Gossett - we're the shoes one piece or when you stripped the sole was the top... eh, bottomless?

They're black. I posted a high-res photo of him facing away from the camera that shows the back of the boots/spats in great detail. The boots are black underneath the brown spats.

So, what's the consensus? Are his boots black or brown? Also @Kevin Gossett - we're the shoes one piece or when you stripped the sole was the top... eh, bottomless?

The leather upper part of the shoe is basically just a shell. The shoe consists of the sole, insole, and the leather upper which the sole is glued to. So yes, bottomless :)

IronManiac - thanks. I'm working on my boots right now and they are black... wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to color them.
Kevin Gossett - Any chance I could get you to take a top view of the sole to see it's general shape? I just scored some cheap Skechers and I want to see how they are going to line up with the bottom of this boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet--I asked my sister (former semi-pro stunt biker and clothes horse) about the pants and she said they look like old Alpinestars (which, yeah), but specifically ones from their UK line.

I think the dinosaur-teeth zippers on the back of the legs that match the zipper on the jacket pretty much confirms they are not off the rack. I looked through a lot of motorcycle pants online before i had mine made custom, and I saw plenty of pants that had one or two of the features on Star Lord's pants. But no pants came close to being accurate.

From what she said, she's definitely seen very similar ones, but also, as I mentioned, that they're older. So they could have found a pair from a decade or two ago and added the zippers or a few other details, or based the look on a picture they saw of them, etc. I know I've changed zippers on clothing before to make them look better lol

Not doing the gloves since he doesn't wear them with the short jacket.

Making the ear piece out of foam and molding to my head with a heat gun and attaching via spirit gum on the outward facing part (attaching to my ear and not my head, cause I like my hair not being torn out)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back