The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey guys!
Kinda new here and open for all hints and tips I can get.
Was going to buy one of Dannys jackets, but just as I had saved enough the run was over.
Now I have the budget for a 350-400 usd jacket.

I know live ebay auctions is out, but is a pending item okey?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-o...hash=item4636e5722c:m:mri6y2Se5MYgTtK-D4pZnZQ

Do any of you have experience with this jacket?
I am very eager on screen accuracy as a 501st member. Now I want to make my first non-SW costume and I am well on my way.
Helmet is 80 % done and a lot of things are on the way :)

Cheers

Hey guys!
Kinda new here and open for all hints and tips I can get.
Was going to buy one of Dannys jackets, but just as I had saved enough the run was over.
Now I have the budget for a 350-400 usd jacket.

I know live ebay auctions is out, but is a pending item okey?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-o...hash=item4636e5722c:m:mri6y2Se5MYgTtK-D4pZnZQ

Do any of you have experience with this jacket?
I am very eager on screen accuracy as a 501st member. Now I want to make my first non-SW costume and I am well on my way.
Helmet is 80 % done and a lot of things are on the way :)

Cheers

Danny sells two Star-Lord jackets. The trench and the short-jacket.

I think you can still get in on his short-jacket run. I would check that out before buying ebay. .

Some people will order the short-jacket without a zipper, badge, or valve attached so they can add their own. And you can get that stuff here too.

Short jacket run is over I am the last one I think to get one of his jackets

Go check out the junkyard some short jackets over there

Sorry if I talk weird I am just awake

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Dang. I was hoping to get one from Danny in a month or two.

Guess I'll have to get that ebay short jacket. Or maybe that trench in the new better color.

I just received my replica jacket and, like every other new leather jacket, it looks new.
Since I don't want to mess things up, how can I achieve a weathered effect like on the images below?
I already ordered shoe polish in black, dark brown and burgundy tan. I also have decolourant/cleaner and some leather wax.

The second problem is that pattern of triangles. How can those be added? Is the pattern spray painted?
I do own an airbrush, but where to get that pattern?

The pattern is screen printed on twill, which the majority of the jacket is made of. If you search through the thread I believe someone posted a pattern. You would need to create a stencil and airbrush or paint, but that will be extremely difficult to do.

It's happening!!!

12501948_1069451623073818_1644218056_n.jpg

Somehow I forgot to post this a while back. The debate on the pants worn at the end of the film came up in the Facebook group, whether they were the same pants worn throughout or a new blue pair. I maintained they were the same faded black pants worn during the rest of the film, and decided to go to the source:

Screenshot_2015-11-21-15-30-59-1_zpsaljqxnyu.jpg

There you have it!

I'd be willing to bet that the pants at the end of the movie were the ones from the Morag scene, and were the pants on display at the ArcLight in LA that were made of the corduroy and the moleskin pants were worn with the short jacket throughout most of the movie.

Somehow I forgot to post this a while back. The debate on the pants worn at the end of the film came up in the Facebook group, whether they were the same pants worn throughout or a new blue pair. I maintained they were the same faded black pants worn during the rest of the film, and decided to go to the source:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/wkevingossett/Screenshot_2015-11-21-15-30-59-1_zpsaljqxnyu.jpg

There you have it!
Sweet now I still need to get that pants XD

I've seen one on etsy i think but it was very expensive

Yeah, I think I know the ones you are talking about. Commission job, and who knows whether they are still doing it or not.

The only other ones I know about are on ebay. They aren't very detailed and have some errors. Might make good base for upgrades.

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah, I think I know the ones you are talking about. Commission job, and who knows whether they are still doing it or not.

The only other ones I know about are on ebay. They aren't very detailed and have some errors. Might make good base for upgrades.

View attachment 586384

that one doesn't seem to be so bad
i cannot find the one on etsy anymore
ps: i found it, it is made by SIQ clothing on request only

plus: i found this https://thetake.com/product/29214/c...rgo-twill-pants-black-guardians-of-the-galaxy
but i really cannot see enough detail and they say its a "close match" not an exact match

also on ebay the "MENS ARMORED MOTORCYCLE PANTS TEXTILE BLACK W/ KNEE PROTECTOR SIZE 30 32 33 34"

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way I would pay $239.00 for a pair of Peter Quill pants that are for one the wrong color (black instead of blue denim) and secondly don't even look like the movie version. For that price you can get a nice custom made version.

that one doesn't seem to be so bad
i cannot find the one on etsy anymore
ps: i found it, it is made by SIQ clothing on request only

plus: i found this https://thetake.com/product/29214/c...rgo-twill-pants-black-guardians-of-the-galaxy
but i really cannot see enough detail and they say its a "close match" not an exact match

also on ebay the "MENS ARMORED MOTORCYCLE PANTS TEXTILE BLACK W/ KNEE PROTECTOR SIZE 30 32 33 34"

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way I would pay $239.00 for a pair of Peter Quill pants that are for one the wrong color (black instead of blue denim) and secondly don't even look like the movie version. For that price you can get a nice custom made version.
Euhm James gunn himself said that star lords panta are black you can see twitter screenshot a few posts back

But for the rest I agree

I've seen the costume both at FIDM and they were definitely blue. Unless he wore another pair at the end of the film. I'm talking about the pants worn as a Ravager and with long trench coat and with short jacket. It appears to be different at end when on Nova.

I've seen the same costumes as you and they aren't blue. The ones at the arclight lean toward brown and the ones that were at FIDM leaned slightly purple. I've seen those ones in better lighting, the FIDM lighting was terrible. And as was just confirmed, the pants at the end of the movie weren't a different color.

As in Jack's Black Pearl blue breeches and waistcoat they definitely turned a purple hue after multiple washes and weathering. Blue / black definitely have a purple hue when they are faded naturally or on purpose. Maybe be the pants were black brand new out of the costume shop per Mr. Gunn's posting. But they definitely were not black at the various displays unless they weren't the HERO costume.

They're definitely a faded/washed out black. Definitely not blue, as James Gunn confirmed to me on twitter. He strikes me as a stickler for details, and I don't think that is one he would misremember.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back