The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

It works just as well, if not better since foam is easier to control when dealing with thin pieces. I've done it on a few occasions. The only possible downside with foam is that it isn't as durable as leather but since it'll be in the inside, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

a question in regards to the raised areas of the leather jackets. Ive noticed a number of people have dont this BUT all have used leather to achieve the look. What I wanted to ask is, has anyone tried using foam? I have several sheets of foam and was hoping that would mean I dont need to go out and get leather.

Any reason why is wouldnt work? Anyone tried it?

Thought this was relevant. Pic of the stunt doubles posing together. Gives some clarity to the flight suit:

LExJCBv.jpg

Since Ebay is now overflowing with jackets, can someone let me know which seller is best for the short leather coat? Most of the photos are just recycled stock pictures and it's hard to tell which is best.

Since Ebay is now overflowing with jackets, can someone let me know which seller is best for the short leather coat? Most of the photos are just recycled stock pictures and it's hard to tell which is best.

I could tell you which one I bought, and point you out to (imo) an even more accurate model. But I don't know how to properly communicate them without posting links to active ebay auctions.

Can I just post the jacket names and seller names without getting into trouble?

Also, I'm looking for similar information on trench coats myself.

I could tell you which one I bought, and point you out to (imo) an even more accurate model. But I don't know how to properly communicate them without posting links to active ebay auctions.

Can I just post the jacket names and seller names without getting into trouble?

Also, I'm looking for similar information on trench coats myself.

Silly as it is, while links aren't allowed you can post as much information as you like to lead someone to that auction. You could also PM them a link directly.

That said, none of the eBay trenchcoats will likely be close to the accuracy you'll find in the run being done by Dannylopez here on the forum.

Silly as it is, while links aren't allowed you can post as much information as you like to lead someone to that auction. You could also PM them a link directly.

That said, none of the eBay trenchcoats will likely be close to the accuracy you'll find in the run being done by Dannylopez here on the forum.

His jacket is nice, but I'm looking for the short jacket he wears for most of the film, which we first see him wearing on Xandar.

His jacket is nice, but I'm looking for the short jacket he wears for most of the film, which we first see him wearing on Xandar.

Ah yes - Mr Southpaw mentioned the trench in his reply to you. If you look at the first page of the trench sale thread though, you'll see that his tailor has also patterned a short coat which you may be able to order and it should also exceed the quality/accuracy of the eBay offerings if the trench is any indication!

Ah yes - Mr Southpaw mentioned the trench in his reply to you. If you look at the first page of the trench sale thread though, you'll see that his tailor has also patterned a short coat which you may be able to order and it should also exceed the quality/accuracy of the eBay offerings if the trench is any indication!

I couldn't find the trench sales topic, I word search-functioned project runs and junkyard. Got a link?

Right. Ebay models of the short jacket are slowly evolving the details.

When I was looking for my jacket in Sept/Oct the most accurate one out was cosplaysky. It had the correct bicep bands and the button flap on the right side of the jacket ran all the way up to the collar. Too red though, way too red. And it was and still is $159 for synthetic leather which is too high priced.

So I went on ebay and bought the 'Guardians of the Galaxy STARLORD Chris Pratt Red SLIM FIT GENUINE Leather Jacket' from seller 'ultimatecollectionz1982'.

Out of all the ebay jackets, again at the time, it had the accurate bicep-strap setup instead of the strap and brass buckle that the other jackets used.

I had it custom sized. They did an excellent job of making it fit right. I asked them to leave out the puncture holes on the jacket, they did...but also accidentally left out the diagonal strips on the chest area. They offered me $50 back for that. Throughout the whole process were responsive and answered questions quickly when I had them.

The problem is that they didn't sew the seam that runs lengthwise down the arm tightly enough. At the wrist the seam splits apart about 1mm, enough to let light through. That was actually a recent discovery made by a friend when he was considering his own purchase. I am currently waiting for them to respond to that.

Now recently, I was looking at trench coats and discovered some new ebay Star-Lord stuff. Specifically a very inaccurate vest listed under 'Guardians of the Galaxy Chris Pratt Red Leather/Jacket Gift for Christmas', and this new short jacket listed under 'Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord Peter Quill Leather Jacket Cosplay Costume New' from seller 'uniteddoremo'.

This new model is the short jacket I have my eye on now. It seems to be a clone of the cosplaysky model. It has the bicep straps, it has the correct collar setup, it has most of the correct "brass buttons", and it even looks to be made with a little tuck in the waist.

The problems (which are small and they should be willing to correct if you pay for custom) are the two-prong "circuit" design on the front left chest/shoulder area. Instead of a piece tucked under the leather and sewed in, they just made it two flaps on the surface of the jacket, it's ugly and I'd probably ask them to do that different.

The small strap under this "circuit" area has the wrong metal piece woven through it. It should be like the jacket I bought, a rectangle with a straight bar through it. I don't know if I care enough to have them correct that, the piece they used is kind of neat.

They forgot the brass "button tops" on the sleeve flap corner under the bicep strap, near the elbow. So I would ask them to include those.

The real jacket has slanted cuffs. Check out the first page pictures. No ebay jacket does this, and it's something else they should be able to do easily if you get custom size.

Also, I'm not 100% on the color, it's kind of like dried blood but it could be lighting or something. I'd probably ask them to confirm that it's not brown.

Now the potentially awesome part. They have this jacket listed as real leather for $69.99, there is no pulldown to choose synthetic nor any mention of synthetic in the item description. Also, they do customization but have no fee listed. I think someone ordering this could end up with a china-made custom leather Star-Lord coat for $69.99+tax/shipping.

Basically, if I can get a refund on my first jacket for the defective sleeves I will probably go with this model myself. The collar detail especially is something that can't just be easily remedied and I'd rather just buy a jacket where it's done correctly in the first place. But again, I have not actually ordered this, so I cannot give details as to the in-person quality.

I hope this helps at all. I am hardly an expert on this, but I am willing to share my observations on the matter. If you want me to clarify anything I said in my ramblings, feel free to ask.

One last thing, this new short jacket I talked about actually comes with a valve on the right arm. But it's very ugly and incorrect. I don't know if I'd want it included or not.

Last edited:
well damn....

Last night I started the mods to my jacket, made the raised area for the valve to sit on the sleeve and was very pleased with how it turned out.... this morning I woke and realised I had done it on the wrong side..... *****!

so quick question, if I was to attempt to take it apart will it leave some sort of evidence that it was there? Luckily I hadnt glued the valve its self into place yet so the only glued area is inside the sleeve.

So I decided to leave the impression on the left arm but to still add it to the right and include the valve, once my patch arrives I'll just add the impressions to the left arm and they'll become additions.... At this point my jacket will just have to be inaccurate... However, I still love the look

I haven't had a ton of time to work on my own builds, but here's a collage of raw parts from my Quad Blasters and Boot Rockets, both of which are being made into kits.

attachment.php

For the quad Blasters, you can see the grip, top barrel center, lower barrel center, lower barrel shroud, top barrel shroud vent hole and rear barrel greebly. For the rockets, you can see part of the center hub, the main booster and the intake turbine. I was real surprised that I managed to get such a nice level of detail in the boot rocket turbine. I'm trying a combination of different plastics: silver metallic, pearlescent white and frosted/transparent.

Last edited:
So, update on the cassette thing; I haven't gotten a copy yet. Only one store in my entire city got their shipments. A lot of places were participating, but they didn't get anything (well, one did. They got one and an employee nabbed it.)

Did this happen to anyone else?
And does anyone have any extra or know someone who does and isn't going to sell it for a hundred bucks?

My store got 20 copies.

I was first in line at 7am and got mine, I also negotiated with a guy in line to get an another copy. I bought him an extra Long Tall Sally record and he bought me an extra Awesome Mix.

At this point, everyone knows how much it's worth on ebay. I doubt you'll find someone with a stock of these at the retail price anymore. You can get the UK version for $40 on ebay right now, the US version for $60.

This topic discusses the tapes in depth and has comparison pictures between the US and UK version.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/guardians-galaxy-soundtrack-cassette-229373/

Long story short, the US version looks more accurate and has the hand-written insert listing all the songs.

For anyone looking for affordable trousers, I bought these:
View attachment 410274
Search for 'France Style Distressed Motorcycle Pants' on eBay.

Jeans seemed to be the ways to go since I wasn't scratch building them and didn't want the synthetic look of baggy motorbike trousers. What I got was amazing for the price. The fit is spot on (aside from the long legs) and they're branded as Balmain, a French clothes company I'd never heard of who sells biker jeans for £770. I know asian eBay sellers tend to copy expensive makes for more affordable prices, so I was skeptical they're real, but the patch on the back looks legit, as do the tags and the little French 'seal of approval' tag. regardless, they feel quality, and a pair I'll be wearing regularly.

I was planning on waxing the front thigh panels, but now I'm scared I'll mess it up.

Nice find, with a few tweaks these will do nicely!!!

Ive a question for those of you who have built the helmet in two parts. I tried the magnet thing, its not working out for me, so what other inventive ways have people come up with to hold the back piece to the front while your wearing it. Id really appreciate your ideas at this point

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back