The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

The new Hot Toys Baby Groot is so cool! Comes with 3 different heads with the outfit and it's true 1:1 scale. I love that it's poseable too.

hottoysbabygroot.jpg~original

you look amazing!
if you don't mind sharing, where did you get the coat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks! It's the Black Leather Jackets coat. I went with a large and it fit's pretty well, but I want to take it in at the back a bit and add some of the details that the manufacturer missed. Amazing base though.

So, after ages of procrastination I finally swapped out the generic snaps I originally used for the screen accurate ones. It's been like... two years since I bought a whole mess of them, so maybe now I can finally get going on the knapsack and Morag trench. They are a little bit harder to center perfectly since they don't really have the same type of central "pin" that normal snaps do. I'm actually very glad that I spend the couple hundred dollars needed to get the mounting hardware, because they need precision and are not easy to to just press together.

attachment.png

Attachments

• jacket.png
    jacket.png
    1,016 KB · Views: 1,167
Hey everyone! I tried my hand at Star-Lord's new short jacket, one of my biggest projects in a while, and I think it came out pretty cool!

View attachment IMG_3576.jpgView attachment IMG_3584.jpgView attachment IMG_3607.jpgView attachment IMG_3611.jpg

I work for Mood Fabrics, so I wrote up a tutorial on their blog, complete with a free pattern template. Not 100% screen accurate at all, but I hope it can still be of use to some people: https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/mood-cosplay-free-gotg2-star-lord-jacket-pattern/

My BLJ trench arrived today. Unfortunately, they sent me the Vol. 2 coat despite having ordered the Vol. 1. I'm thinking of keeping it and kickstarting the Vol. 2 build since I have the short jacket for Vol. 1. Here are some additional pics of the coat (real leather version) on the mannequin:

068ce9875b8d6f991854c49aa29cf3a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning on tackling the chest armor jet pack this weekend in EVA foam, so I thought you guys might like the images i gathered from the Hot Toys figurine. I'm going to print them out and hang em on my workbench. The last photo in the series was warped then mirrored in photoshop to get as close as i could to a straight on view. Enjoy!

booster-pack-photos1.jpgbooster-pack-photos2.jpgbooster-pack-photos3.jpgbooster-pack-photos4.jpgbooster-pack-photos5.jpg

James Gunn is the man..."Cosplayers have been asking for a rear shot of the aero-rigs, so here you go!"
I was super impressed by that holy crap he's the best! Caught the movie last time and you guys are in for a treat. My wife doesn't like superhero movies as much as me and even she walked out of the movie amazed of how good it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
In every promo they are bent as well as the hero shot
from the trailer where he's spinning the blasters. It's a subtle bend, so it's very easy to miss in any shot that isn't straight on. Looks like there is a curve in the prop video as well
Screenshot_20170430-012340.jpg

Last edited:
For those who might be interested, moodfabrics.com/blog/ has a free pattern for the Star Lord GOTG2 jacket. It is not screen accurate but it has some good information for those starting from a blank sheet of paper.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back