The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Sav-Mor is awesome, it's just too bad they aren't open on weekends. I live in Orange County and have a job, so I almost never get a chance to go there any more.

I'm getting close to crunch time on my jacket and have to make a decision regarding the snaps within the next week or so. Has any progress been made? There was talk about someone having found something close earlier.

I have to say... I've made entire business suits before and so far this jacket has been fairly challenging pattern-wise.

I'm looking into getting them custom made, but there's no chance they'll be done in time for Halloween.

Hi All,

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, and just want to say thanks very much for all the information here. I pulled the trigger on the trading.plus jacket from eBay, and am in love with it. It's not quite screen accurate, but it's genuine leather and a great piece of clothing that I'll wear in real life too. Also pictured is a WIP of my foam mask from Helgak's file. Thanks again, you guys are great.

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm just about finished with my blaster pads for the pants. I used pigskin leather with a sturdy cloth backing (the label said suit cloth). The pads inside are cut from foam material that's used to make wet suits. I thought it was going to be too thin, but it's fairly perfect. I spray adhesive on the back of the leather and pressed the foam pads on it. I then sprayed more adhesive and pressed the cloth backing on it. I also used a flat tool to press against the edges of the foam. I glued piping around the edges and folded the leather around to the back. I still need to sew around the piped edge and around each foam piece, to give it more definition. I'm going to attach them to the pants with velcro. The pictures don't due it justice (the color is a nice chocolate brown), but it looks awesome in person!

Blaster Pads 1.jpg

Blaster Pads 2.jpg

Blaster Pads 3.jpg

looking good....im going to start on my complete set of clothes shortly.....waiting for the parts from kevin to finisn up the pants...

71BOxNnrFCL._SL1500_.jpg71EYFZ2l9DL._SL1500_.jpg71VxMA1oyPL._SL1500_.jpg
Pulled the trigger and ended up buying the PVC Star Lord Helmet mask from eBay. Pics we culled from Amazon as the pics of eBay are not updated. From talking with the seller the top section of the helmet should be cut out already from the seller. For the monies and time worth every penny IMHO. I plan to sand off the side company logos, repaint with wear like the screen used version and await remote control micro string red LED lights to top it off. Hope this helps everyone. Will find a way to add that stainless steel braided hose look to the side lower helmet details.

What's the diameter of that piece? I've seen braided water line as small as 1/4" outside diameter.

That is the exact size i was looking at: 1/4". I will add more pics once i get this item in my hands. Looks very promising for the price. Perfect foundation to mod and repaint.

The eBay user whom we bought this from is: newprops. The person of contact is Sharon. Just got confirmation that it just shipped. Hopefully i will see it sometime this week as shipping was via DHL Express from the looks of the tracking number. Can't go wrong for $109 shipped y'all :) Also they come in like 5 different versions so choose accordingly. The info seems to be better on Amazon vs eBay FYI. Breaks it down to circumference to you head size and such.

Last edited:
Behold, the Power Gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu4fNXF5ew4

The camera didn't quite pick up the correct colors, but it's purple.

Nice man... mine is a good bit larger and holds 3 LEDs. Still working on getting everything inside the stone. Should have a video up soon on it.

I did completely F'up my stone mold... forgot to add mold release like an idiot. Thats what I get for working on a project late at night.

I bought a non-StarLord jacket from Ebay, and when it arrived it was super cherry red. I took the past week (in what spare time I had), and dyed it a darker maroon.

myjacket.jpg

I used cordovan Kiwi shoe polish. It was a long process, which took several coats (jackets really). This was the color prior to any work:

jacket2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back