The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I just bought this for a cheap TPS-12 clone.
s-l1600.jpg

Would it work? Got it for $30 bucks with some cheap orange headphones ordered elsewhere.
I have contacted @Soulinertia for the sony, arrow, and Walkman logo decals.
What paints should I use? I'm looking at Duplicolor Metalkast pants.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The vol2 spats have stitching as well.

That is a leather-working technique. Briefly, you wet the leather, use something to impress the line, let it dry.

It also looks like he simulated the stitch holes in the VOL2 pair. Which is the same technique, but you just dot the leather instead of making a line.

The VOL1 pair has real stitching around the top portion. You can see the thread.

It's funny cuz the zune was my first MP3 player! I used a Walkman till I was given that brown 30 gb zune so that joke was extra funny to me! So do you recommend going with the Disney blasters or buying individual disguise ones? Also where are you getting your jacket? I have a limited budget and don't know how to sow, I've seen some pretty good ones on eBay (not 100% screen accurate) like the superior leather one ($190). Although I've noticed you can get one that's the exact same except it's all one color (the lighter red) and no maroon and it's only $80.... idk man. Anyone have thoughts on this???

I'm buying the one mentioned earlier in this thread from black-leatherjackets.com. It's pretty inexpensive and really high quality. And yeah, I'd say Disney store ones and just nod them to size.

Thought I'd finally jump in and show off what I currently have! Got my ebay jacket in yesterday and am almost done repainting and weathering it! I've currently been through 3 different jackets over the last month (FanJackets, CosplaySky,) and this one is definitely my favorite. The back isn't that accurate, but I'm sure a few mods could help make it look better. The pants are from Cosplaysky and look pretty fantastic besides the color which I will be dying to get more of that terracotta color. The shirt is also from cosplaysky and I love it. The belt is a CostumeBase belt I got for super cheap off of amazon and added one of Nova Props Vol. 2 buckles to make it look even better. This belt is amazing for the price and would highly recommend it! The blasters are those cheap, plastic Rubies guns that have been repainted and have the carbon fiber handle wraps. I do have the actual TPS-L2 Walkman that I got a few weeks before the movie for $150 (was claimed to be broken, though I fixed it within a half hour...) Just need to get the boots, gaiters, and holsters! Would love to hear any thoughts on my current get up!
View attachment 729506View attachment 729507View attachment 729508View attachment 729509View attachment 729510
Which jacket is this! Your repainting looks spectacular! Also what paint did you use and where did you purchase the guns?

Thought I'd finally jump in and show off what I currently have! Got my ebay jacket in yesterday and am almost done repainting and weathering it! I've currently been through 3 different jackets over the last month (FanJackets, CosplaySky,) and this one is definitely my favorite. The back isn't that accurate, but I'm sure a few mods could help make it look better. The pants are from Cosplaysky and look pretty fantastic besides the color which I will be dying to get more of that terracotta color. The shirt is also from cosplaysky and I love it. The belt is a CostumeBase belt I got for super cheap off of amazon and added one of Nova Props Vol. 2 buckles to make it look even better. This belt is amazing for the price and would highly recommend it! The blasters are those cheap, plastic Rubies guns that have been repainted and have the carbon fiber handle wraps. I do have the actual TPS-L2 Walkman that I got a few weeks before the movie for $150 (was claimed to be broken, though I fixed it within a half hour...) Just need to get the boots, gaiters, and holsters! Would love to hear any thoughts on my current get up!
View attachment 729506View attachment 729507View attachment 729508View attachment 729509View attachment 729510
Forget the question about the blaster, where'd you find the pants, of you don't mind my asking?

@DeadpoolTheMerc
He got the pants from Cosplaysky, it's right there in his post. And I've seen similar on ebay in a costume package.

There is a person here making and selling VOL2 pants as well, you should check it out in the classifieds>project run area.

I just barely started an interest thread for the pants worn with the short jacket. Danny has a thread for the pants worn with the long coat.

Curious why you pick this one over the Cosplay Sky? Doesn't the cosplaysky jacket have the texture on it? Plus, you mentioned the less accurate back on the ebay jacket. So yeah, just curious about those things.

I'm personally waiting for Whitesheep to make their jacket before choosing which jacket to upgrade to after the BlackLeather.

Curious why you pick this one over the Cosplay Sky? Doesn't the cosplaysky jacket have the texture on it? Plus, you mentioned the less accurate back on the ebay jacket. So yeah, just curious about those things.

I'm personally waiting for Whitesheep to make their jacket before choosing which jacket to upgrade to after the BlackLeather.

For one, it has ZERO pockets. The pants have none either. Second, its super thin, and just looks superrr pleathery. I tried to weather it, but its so thin that if you try to sand it, wipe it with rubbing alcohol, or even scrape it accidentally, it will fade the red and show the pale material underneath. Lastly, mine wasn't even finished...Like there was an entire section on the back that had been forgot to be sewn down all the way and you could actually reach into the lining. I've never had problems with them before, but it was very disappointing. The back collar piece also looks off. They have a string that ties it together for some reason? There are also many spots you'll need to add velcro such as with the piece that crosses over onto the shoulder, the shoulder armor which for some reason was made to be 'flappy', and some other pieces on the arms that just move around. Maybe they improved these problems since I last ordered, but it just felt off. All in all, it would be amazing if the pattern was used made by a company like White Sheep. Here are some pics of it. It's not absolutely horrible, but for the same price as the other ones I've purchased, its super disappointing.
18193944_10211001208578197_6111565257170656928_n.jpg18194000_10211001207698175_8590824836691121597_n.jpg18194002_10211001206138136_1158829942312447347_n.jpg18194738_10211001205098110_1529968238941761748_n.jpg18194899_10211001209378217_8758127061149967613_n.jpg18195167_10211001210618248_129671092814623112_n.jpg18198458_10211001206658149_2165338331843226881_n.jpg

20170521_184706.jpg
Finished altering, coloring, and weather, my Black Leather Jackets jacket. Generally okay with it and should tide me over til Zlurpos badass one hah. As for the person who asked about my shoes, what Southpaw said is right.

Well I just read everything from this year and Wow. That's a lot of information......
Well I am starting a star lord build of my own after recently finishing a Kylo Ren costume. I am completely new to the star lord outfit but it has been something I have wanted to do for a while. Just earlier today I ordered his t-shirt from the costume base on Amazon. I am planning on making the short jacket going the way of anovos and using cotton duck fabric. Does anyone have good templates for the jacket? I was planning on basing it off of the Mood templates tweaking it from there.

For one, it has ZERO pockets. The pants have none either. Second, its super thin, and just looks superrr pleathery. I tried to weather it, but its so thin that if you try to sand it, wipe it with rubbing alcohol, or even scrape it accidentally, it will fade the red and show the pale material underneath. Lastly, mine wasn't even finished...Like there was an entire section on the back that had been forgot to be sewn down all the way and you could actually reach into the lining. I've never had problems with them before, but it was very disappointing. The back collar piece also looks off. They have a string that ties it together for some reason? There are also many spots you'll need to add velcro such as with the piece that crosses over onto the shoulder, the shoulder armor which for some reason was made to be 'flappy', and some other pieces on the arms that just move around. Maybe they improved these problems since I last ordered, but it just felt off. All in all, it would be amazing if the pattern was used made by a company like White Sheep. Here are some pics of it. It's not absolutely horrible, but for the same price as the other ones I've purchased, its super disappointing.

Alright man! I mean, it doesn't look too bad in pictures, you pull it off pretty well, but I'm guessing it's a kind of thing where you have to hold it and handle it yourself to know ^^ I'll take your word on it, though, thanks for sharing all the info! I think they might be one of the cheaper alternatives for the pants, though.. That said, yeah if Whitesheep don't make release their jacket by the end of August-ish, I'll just commission one form them. I love the way they tailor their jackets and the quality is incredible. Comes at a price, but I've yet to be disappointed. Thanks tho! :)

Quick question, seeing as how most of the spats are stopping at the ankle, what are people doing for that extra piece that goes on top of the boot?

Somewhere out there, is there screenshot of an Awesome Mix 2 tape on screen in VOL2?

I am trying to research the text on the labels and seem to have went into a little bit of a rabbit hole concerning the whole thing and that might just solve it.

So I guess CosplaySky saw my post and just sent me an E-mail asking if I'd like a new jacket for free without all the problems. I'll see how it goes!
Wow, they lurk RPF? I was real close to buying a VOL1 short jacket from them way back in 2014. I asked them if they could do something besides tomato red and they just flat out told me "no" and wouldn't even consider it after I explained the movie jacket color.. So I decided they could "no" have my money....:lol And it looks like they are still sourcing that same ugly red vinyl.

I ended up with an ebay VOL1 "slim fit" jacket in real leather.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back