FAKE "Anovos" TOS Patches on Amazon by "mainstreet247"

asalaw

Sr Member
Just paid $20.00 for this set of patches from a seller called "mainstreet247" on Amazon. Though the picture they have up shows Anovos insignia patches, you can see what they sent me is cheap convention garbage. I found an Anovos tribble patch on ebay and ordered that. Meanwhile, I've posted a bad review on Amazon and sent in a refund request.

BEWARE THIS SELLER!!!!!

mainstreet247ripoffs.jpg

I disagree, CosBlade. There are clear differences in the patches listed and the ones the buyer received. Buyers should expect the delivered product to match or exceed what's listed, not the opposite. It's not good business :(

You mean this item?

http://www.amazon.com/Anovos-Origin...VLBU/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3EWMJT6V4WJFB

Because it looks like you got exactly what you ordered. You might not like the quality, but you can't really blame the seller because you expected something higher quality than what's pictured.
I think you might be confused. Anovos is a licensed manufacturer... the listing states that the patches are made by Anovos (as pictured), yet the buyer received patches that are not made by Anovos and are not the patches pictured (look again).

Ah, if that's the case then I misunderstood, and apologize.

I can see that there are some differences with the threading in the embroidery, but that's expected. I was under the impression it was a matter of quality, and to my eye the quality appears the same.

Thanks for the clarification.

You might want to tell Anovos about this idiot
Thanks, Apollo -- that hadn't occurred to me. Anovos might actually be moved to issue a warning, since this is a clear case of trademark infringement and unfair trade. Great idea!

I can see that there are some differences with the threading in the embroidery, but that's expected.

The issue of using the Anovos brand name aside, I cannot see how the difference below could be expected in the first place.

Chalk and cheese IMO.

attachment.php

I was under the impression it was a matter of quality, and to my eye the quality appears the same.

As you can see, it is a matter of quality, and definitely not the same.

The one on Amazon is just an inferior cheap rip-off.

asalaw, you really need to clean your keyboard btw :lol

sbs.jpg

asalaw, you really need to clean your keyboard btw :lol

View attachment 358419

Nah. Adds character, plus I can lick the coffee stains if things get bad. :p

As for quality, certainly there's a difference in quality, and too many inaccuracies to list here -- the Anovos patches are superbly accurate and high quality, while the other patches... aren't. That's why paying for "Anovos" brand items is so important -- it's the first premium, accurate costume product line ever.

But the big complaint is the fraud -- the bait-and-switch. They use the Anovos brand name to lure customers who want a certain level of quality, and then deliver NOT ANOVOS. That's the point here. It's like paying $80,000 for a new Mercedes, and then watching in dismay as the dealership delivers an $8,000 used Honda. Nothing inherently bad about a Honda (I own one), but it ain't no Mercedes. They offered you a Mercedes, you paid for a Mercedes, you're entitled to a damn Mercedes or your money back.

And if they do that over the Internet or over the phone, it's a federal crime called wire fraud...

Ah, if that's the case then I misunderstood, and apologize.

I can see that there are some differences with the threading in the embroidery, but that's expected. I was under the impression it was a matter of quality, and to my eye the quality appears the same.

Thanks for the clarification.

The difference in the Engineering and Command patches are the most egregious. They are completely inaccurate.

Yes, it feels good to bring the noise. :)

When last we left hapless Me, Me was wailing and whining about getting ripped off by an Amazon vendor selling fake ANOVOS Star Trek patches.

Here's ANOVOS' response to my complaint:

"Thank you for the photos! I'm very disheartened to hear this, and those are certainly not our patches. I'll forward this to our Amazon account representative for further investigation."

Interestingly, after my noisy Amazon review with "RIPOFF" in the title, the patches are now "currently unavailable."

They pissed off the wrong Trekkie! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back