Star Lord Gun - Nerf Mod

adamsbio

I recently went to see Guardians of The Galaxy and got obsessed with Star Lords guns. I went to TRU and picked up one of the NERF blasters. (seen in the photo)

Photo Aug 04, 9 57 13 AM.jpg

This is where I need the help of the forum. To make this gun as close to the prop as possible. the first step I need to do is connect the two orange pieces on the top and bottom of the gun and sand of the screw nubs that are sticking up off the gun. Like in this photo I found.

10492565_10152577058604243_367556529685413763_n.jpg

I know a little about bondo and fiber glass resin, but not enough to know how to use those things to connect the two pieces of the gun together. any tips, photos or videos on how to do this would be great.

Last edited:
I also would like to know. As i know bond and fiber glass can heat up during curing process. I tried looking up iron manic but only show is painted l not in filled like in the photo above

I plan to do the same with mine when they arrive tomorrow. I wouldn't be too worried about Bondo melting the gun. I can't promise it won't warp it, but I have worked with Bondo before and a small amount needed for that area shouldn't do damage because of the heat from it, but that's just my opinion. Bondo is a 2 part mixture. You have the Bondo and then the Hardener in the tube. If you haven't used it before I recommend doing a small text mix. The Bondo should come out a pinkish color, not red AND not too grey.

I am having problems with CA glue not sticking to the top front and bottom front cowl. I glue it and let sit over night, the next day the plastic I added just pops off. The plastic is different from the rest of the blaster. It's kinda rubbery like a Tupperware container. I might scrap the cowls and remove and reuse the handles and scratch build the rest.

I am having problems with CA glue not sticking to the top front and bottom front cowl. I glue it and let sit over night, the next day the plastic I added just pops off. The plastic is different from the rest of the blaster. It's kinda rubbery like a Tupperware container. I might scrap the cowls and remove and reuse the handles and scratch build the rest.

Find some styrene at a local hobby shop. Or get a plastic garage sale sign from Home Depot and use that. The results should be better.

I was glueing styrene to the front cowl and the CA stuck to the styrene but not the red plastic of the front cowl. The plastic of the spring loaded cowls is different from the plastic of the rest of the gun is made of.

Update 2:

I know it's been a while since I posted, I've been busy with work. I had today off so I did some work on my gun and thought I would show off the progress I have made so far. If you have any questions on how I did anything please feel free to comment below and I will answer you ASAP. Now onto the update:

My first step was connecting the two top pieces of the gun together and shaving down the screw nubs:

Photo May 16, 3 30 35 PM.jpg

I did this by first taping the two pieces together on the inside:

Photo May 16, 3 31 56 PM.jpg

Then with Bondo I connected the two pieces together. Next, I cut out the vents on the top of the gun seen on the top picture. After that I shaved down the top trigger and removed the bottom one. Then using Bondo made the top trigger look more like the real trigger from the actual prop:

Photo Aug 10.jpeg

Photo May 16, 3 29 45 PM.jpg

On the real prop there are 4 indentions on the bottom of the top piece of this gun shown here:

Photo May 16.jpeg

using a drill and Bondo I added these indentions:

Photo May 16, 3 29 54 PM.jpg

On the Nerf toy there are these two extensions on the front of the top and bottom pieces of the gun. These pieces aren't on the real prop so I cut them off.

Photo May 16 copy.jpeg

Photo May 16, 3 32 42 PM.jpg
Photo May 16, 3 32 52 PM.jpg

And finally there is a piece that comes out the front of the top piece of the gun seen here:

Photo May 16 copy 2.jpeg

A lot of people have been using the end of a small Starbucks mint container:

Blaster tip.JPG

While this is close, the tops of the can are flat. Notice on the prop they are rounded. I have found something that is almost the exact same shape:

jj-1888_1z.jpg

If you take this apart, you are left with this:

Photo May 16, 3 31 00 PM.jpg
Photo May 16, 3 31 05 PM.jpg

I haven't cut the little angle into it yet, but once I do, this will almost be exactly like what is on the actual prop. So that concludes Update 2. Again if you have any questions on this post comment below.

Keep up the good work.
-Adam

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back