Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

Ok, I finally got some time to shoot some stills of the saber. I've always liked the original trilogy idea of the Jedi being mystical enlightened knights so I thought my pics should reflect that vibe.

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

I am not as good as most of you with taking pics. These don't do this saber justice. Roman did a great job. I just tweaked it a little to my personal taste. I added a vintage Graflex clamp, add'l a bit more weathering to the emitter, did the ammonia treament to darken the windvane. I'm waiting on authentic transistors to arrive. Although the pics don't show the full shine very well, Roman polished the pommel and it looks great. Obi's sparkled in the movie as the chrome doesn't really dull a whole lot so that's what I wanted mine to look like. I am enjoying this saber. :)

Last edited:
Ya I think that's what I will do. Polish the original. That looks great. That's how it should be. Very nice Peacefrog!!

Nice saber I agree all of them.
How is that ammonia trick?
Do you hover it over ammonia ?
Could someone help out with an explanation please. .
Mars

Hey mars. I put some ammonia,in an empty coffee container..dropped the windvane a small glass, put the glass in the coffee container and put the top on. The vapors did the work and the piece never touched th ed liquid. Make sure you do it with plenty of ventilation before you seal up your container.

I'm happy to say I am done with the tweeking. Did the ammonia trick and polished the handwheel with Mothers aluminum wheel polish and she is looking awesome!!!
IMG_19571024x768.jpg

IMG_19581024x768.jpg

IMG_19601024x768.jpg

IMG_19621024x768.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_19601024x768.jpg
    IMG_19601024x768.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 169
Your saber is looking perfect ZK. I love what you did. When I look at yours, makes me wish my Graflex clamp was rustier. It came off a Graflex with a lot of corrosion, but the claim is close to mint except for some dirt in the recessed areas of the logo. I don't want to weather it artificially have it not look authentic.

Also, you take great pics. I need to figure out how to make mine look that good. I will take some updated pics when my transistors come this week.

I'll post an updated pic sometime this weekend. I will be replacing my current vintage Graflex clamp with a vintage, but rusty one :) I also did more weathering to the emitter.
Is the general consensus that there was no cap on the end of the sink knob on the prop? I've got one of Roman's 4 piece chrome versions on mine currently(Thanks Roman) and am displaying it sans cap. I still wish I could get one with the C or H on it though :/

I ordered a chromed pommel from Roman. The weathered one was nice, but the chrome just really has the look I was going for. When you see it in the movie, even weathered, it still looks chrome, and that's the look I wanted. It doesn't really make a big difference in the pics, but in person it's night and day. The chrome is beautiful and actually gives the knob a darker look. Thanks Roman.

Looks awesome Matt. Great job!.

4 piece pommel? I have to ask, why didn't we get 4 piece pommels on these? No graflex on the clamps as was shown in the original pics, now to find out he makes 4 piece pommels but for some reason they were not included in these. Just seems a bit odd.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back