My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

Re: My Back to the Future props and Projects

Here are some pictures that show the words on the sides. There isn't much information on the board or the crate. These pictures were actually a little difficult to find. At least for me.
10176037_10203684670865348_1321384125645657582_n.jpg

10647105_10203684667585266_1964340752909270500_n.jpg

Last edited:

I just purchased a replica of the Schott Perfecto leather jacket Marty wears in the second movie. It looks very well made. I'm also looking into getting a close enough fedora. It's impossible to get an exact one because the screen used hat was custom made for MJF.
$_3.JPG

Last edited:

Here are some pictures that show the words on the sides. There isn't much information on the board or the crate. These pictures were actually a little difficult to find. At least for me. ...

Here are some more, if you need them:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Skateboard.jpg
    Skateboard.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,385
  • Skateboard2.jpg
    Skateboard2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,256

Oh man finally! I have been trying to get these forever. I just snagged a pair of Archer Space Patrol walkie talkies in the box. It's not the screen accurate box, but for the price I paid, I'm ok with it. I will probably switch over the plastic to a printed out accurate box art. I remember DB537 provided some scans back in 2011 of the box.
$_3.jpg

From the imagaes provided, it looks like the original plastic covering can be removed and put on another piece of cardboard quite easily without causing any damage.
$_1.jpg

Attachments

• $_1.jpg
    $_1.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 88
  • $_1.jpg
    $_1.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 114
  • $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 116
  • $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:

I just purchased a replica of the Schott Perfecto leather jacket Marty wears in the second movie. It looks very well made. I'm also looking into getting a close enough fedora. It's impossible to get an exact one because the screen used hat was custom made for MJF.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/xqQAAOSw6aVUnaxR/$_3.JPG

When you say replica.....is it a jacket "similar" to a Schott, or did someone actually try and replicate the Schott?

I need an "inconspicuous" jacket myself. So I'm wondering what is a good alternative. Real Schott's are just too much.

When you say replica.....is it a jacket "similar" to a Schott, or did someone actually try and replicate the Schott?

I need an "inconspicuous" jacket myself. So I'm wondering what is a good alternative. Real Schott's are just too much.

Schott actually makes several jackets that all look very similar to the one used in the movie. It was narrowed down to two possibilities. Either the 118 or 618. But there are a hanful of other similar jackets, so I don't know which one mine is replicating. This one was only $80. Real Schott Perfecto jackets are ridiculous at around $650+.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the walkie talkies in the box the correct ones? The screen accurate model is 60-4014.

Unfortunately no. They are the 60-4004 model. Is there any physical difference? And would you know where I could find a suitable Burgess battery and label?

Last edited:

Here are some pictures that show the words on the sides. There isn't much information on the board or the crate. These pictures were actually a little difficult to find. At least for me.

Can't hardly wait to see how your 1955 skate turns out! Good luck on the work and keep us posted

Can't hardly wait to see how your 1955 skate turns out! Good luck on the work and keep us posted

I won't be able to work on it for at least 6 months sadly. Since I do not have a shipping address where I'm at right now I have to send everything back home. When I go home on leave before I go to Spain for deployment I will work on it. So for right now I can only gather the materials. And thanks to Roland I have accurate measurements for the board itself.
10552574_10203689994918446_1305642040605467220_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Schott actually makes several jackets that all look very similar to the one used in the movie. It was narrowed down to two possibilities. Either the 118 or 618. But there are a hanful of other similar jackets, so I don't know which one mine is replicating. This one was only $80. Real Schott Perfecto jackets are ridiculous at around $650+.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately no. They are the 60-4004 model. Is there any physical difference? And would you know where I could find a suitable Burgess battery and label?

The only difference in the 118 and 618 is the leather, IIRC. One is cow the other sheep.

Yes, too much money...lol. I'll get close enough from ebay and get it custom fit for under $100.

The only difference in the 118 and 618 is the leather, IIRC. One is cow the other sheep.

Yes, too much money...lol. I'll get close enough from ebay and get it custom fit for under $100.

The one Marty wears is actually a little too big for him. You can tell by how baggy it looks. If you want screen accuracy I would go a size bigger than normal. I'm only an inch taller than MJF and my jacket is a medium while I wear a small for normal clothes so I'm good to go.

On the front of the 60-4004 the words Archer Space Patrol are slightly larger, and the orange button on the side is somewhat smaller with rounded corners.

Here is the Burgess label: View attachment 411146

By the way, in case you've never noticed it before, in the scene where Marty finds Biff's house he's holding the walkie talkie backward when he talks to Doc. :rolleyes

Also, in the next scene when Marty follows Biff as he's picking up his car, the first car that Biff walks past in the courthouse square has a 1980s California 'Golden State' license plate.

The one Marty wears is actually a little too big for him. You can tell by how baggy it looks. If you want screen accuracy I would go a size bigger than normal. I'm only an inch taller than MJF and my jacket is a medium while I wear a small for normal clothes so I'm good to go.

I'll watch the screens and see what I can come up with.. Did something similar with my Star-Lord jacket by eye-balling screens and figuring out where to measure out the lines.

I'm same height as Fox, so that should help some.

... Unfortunately no. They are the 60-4004 model. Is there any physical difference? And would you know where I could find a suitable Burgess battery and label?

On the front of the 60-4004 the words Archer Space Patrol are slightly larger, and the orange button on the side is somewhat smaller with rounded corners. ...

The words are not only larger, it's a different font, too. I made comparison pictures of the front and the back side of both models, where you can see the differences that I found. I know the 60-4004 just from pictures, so there may be even more differences. The most important difference in my opinion is the silver sticker on the back of the 60-4014, since you can clearly see it in the movie.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• archer_space_patrol.jpg
    archer_space_patrol.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,359
  • 60-4014_60-4004_front.jpg
    60-4014_60-4004_front.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,571
  • 60-4014_60-4004_back.jpg
    60-4014_60-4004_back.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,435
  • archer_space_patrol2.jpg
    archer_space_patrol2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,170
Last edited:

I confirm, I have the right archer space patrol, and you can clearly see the difference between the walkie talkie models ^^

It appears that Archer/Radio Shack had to create a new mold for the radios which resulted in a similar but new model.

Some of the 60-4014s don't have the silver label. Mine didn't have it. Instead, the text was molded into the same square
inset where the label normally goes.

It appears that Archer/Radio Shack had to create a new mold for the radios which resulted in a similar but new model.

Some of the 60-4014s don't have the silver label. Mine didn't have it. Instead, the text was molded into the same square
inset where the label normally goes.

That's odd!! Mine got the silver bit... Do you have a picture of yours?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back