My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

Re: My Back to the Future props and Projects

I found something interesting on ebay. It's kinda close to Marty's vest. It would be good for a quick costume. If anyone wants the ebay link just ask and I'll pm you. It's 23 inches across the chest and 24.5 inches top to bottom.
$_1.JPG

Last edited:

I decided instead of going through the complicated processes of removing dye and redying that I would go with a much easier method. Fabric spray paint. The description is brick red, but it has a slight orange hugh to it. This kind of fabric spray paint from rustoleum actually isnt even made anymore. These were made in 2005, but still work.
$_1.JPG

I figured I would start on my Guess jacket project again. The jacket I have has a big blue design on the back where the leather used to be, so I decided I will spray the whole jacket with light grey fabric paint. Then get the leather shoulder pieces replaced with denim.

This is still VERY rough and a work in progress. All parts are from real vintage Guess jackets.
10830955_10203614003778715_5262279666205382726_o.jpg

I'm now gathering the materials to make the 1955 skateboard including the orange fruit crate Marty takes off. The wheels on the board were vintage skate wheels. Those are the only part I have as of now, but I'm trying to get a crate as well.
Skateboard_1955.jpg

$_1.JPG

The logo on top of the crate is actually very easy to aquire on ebay. The crate it came on is trickier to find.
Skate2.jpg

$_3.JPG

I have the decal ordered. I'm in an auction to get a crate.

Last edited:

The wheels I ordered are rusty, but some WD-40 and a metal wire brush will take care of that.

Oh yeah! I completely forgot to mention that my girlfriend, her mom and my mom all went in on the Hot Toys Marty McFly figure for me. I couldn't thank them enough.
hot-toys-marty-mcfly-collectible-figure-02-570x814.jpg

And I found something intereating on ebay. There is a person selling Nike and JVC logo stickers since they are missing on the figure. I messaged him if he would consider also making the orange Eastpak logo, but he has not gotten back to me.
$_1.JPG

I tracked down and ordered an accurate black bass guitar pin for my Guess jacket. Most have a white headstock, but the screen used one had a black one. I also purchased an Art in Revolution pin. I will probably buy the boomerang pin on etsy tomorrow.
CID-FPP518GBK.jpg

art_in_revolution_mini_button.jpg

il_570xN.625010911_ia0e.jpg

Last edited:

I just now won an auction for an antique sunkist orange crate. It's not the exact one from the movie, but it will do just fine. I will have to sand off the lettering and create my own to match the screen used crate.
$_3.JPG

One of my good friends has generously offered me his AIWA Walkman. It's red, but I will value it greatly. He is shipping it to my home in Missouri, so I will not have it in my possession any time soon.

Last edited:

I just now won an auction for an antique sunkist orange crate. It's not the exact one from the movie, but it will do just fine. I will have to sand off the lettering and create my own to match the screen used crate.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/srsAAOSwg3FUmfxV/$_3.JPG

Nice find!

In a way it's sort of a shame to damage an original antique crate for such a simple crate design though.

I'm sure the ones in the movie were likely custom made to a 50s style?

Nice find!

In a way it's sort of a shame to damage an original antique crate for such a simple crate design though.

I'm sure the ones in the movie were likely custom made to a 50s style?

These antique crates aren't too rare. It just hard to find them for a good price. This particular crate was $30 shipped.

These antique crates aren't too rare. It just hard to find them for a good price. This particular crate was $30 shipped.

True, but I meant more like it being an antique makes it a part of history/in limited quantity.
It still seems a little sad to me somehow to modify it when it could probably be knocked together fairly accurately from a few bits of cheap wood.

I'm sure you'll make it look great either way though!

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

How goes your guess jacket/vest project by the way? I haven't checked in a while.

True, but I meant more like it being an antique makes it a part of history/in limited quantity.
It still seems a little sad to me somehow to modify it when it could probably be knocked together fairly accurately from a few bits of cheap wood.

I'm sure you'll make it look great either way though!

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

How goes your guess jacket/vest project by the way? I haven't checked in a while.

I was thinking of making it from scratch, but I wouldn't get that aged wood look. The handles will be from scrap though. I will try to sand off the existing Sunkist letters on the side and put the words from the movie. I will probably have to make a stensil somehow.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back