Destiny-Titan Undersuit

Vadnais

So, as i'm sure many other have, i've decided to start planning out a Titan cosplay thanks to Bungie releasing all those wonderful shots to use. I'm still attempting to locate the best method for constructing the undersuit itself, but in the meantime i've decided to put my insomnia to use and sketch out my best estimation on the overall breakup/pattern on the undersuit itself.
UndersuitFilled_zpsf50c6c62.jpg
Its a simple trace-over in photoshop and i've just done my best to fill in areas of detail where they make sense to me and flow with the detail that can be seen. If anyone else comes up with a better version please share. Here's the link itself just in case.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/Vadnais/UndersuitFilled_zpsf50c6c62.jpg

As far as construction of the suit I have no idea what possibilities there are and hope some you all here can help me discover some. What little research i've done so far has turned up a few sweat-wicking spandex tops and bottoms that could be promising if I faded the colors to match the source material (http://tinyurl.com/m3ye2xx Here, and its matching pants ) and altered for the detail lines and grey areas. Another, potentially higher quality option was a wetsuit (http://tinyurl.com/lh6kgrv), as you can see its VERY pricey, so I decided to send an e-mail to the company itself asking if there were returned/defective ones that I could purchase at a cheaper price (long shot I know, but worth a shot regardless).

I'm new around here and haven't really found the best ways to find all the possibilities. Are there other types of similar armor that have detailed undersuits like this? Something that's already been figured out that I just haven't found yet?

Should be interesting!

with undersuits it varies on who makes them, mostly a modified black standard morph suit will do... I tried a HEV (half life) undersuit out of foam, it needed bigger armour to go over it but it worked...

Look up Halo master chief builds or mass effect armours, there are a few users on here who have creatively tackled the undersuit ranging from simply tacking thin foam to the morph suit to stitching padding into it etc. have a browse, something will show up even if it's not exactly what you want the techniques are mostly transferable.

The Halo 4 Master Chief undersuit might be a good place to search for inspiration. It has a detailed undersuit as well.

Alternatively, I could see potentially finding a black compression top and bottom, as well as a blue morph suit. Then you cut the compression parts to fit the pattern and resew them onto the morph suit as a single part. After that, add in some piping and you should have most of this design together.

I don't know your sewing skill level or how well that would work, but hopefully it can give you some ideas!

I've always thought a wet suit aka a "Scuba Suit" would be a nice undersuit. The material (usually neoprene) is much more substantial than spandex.

I've always thought a wet suit aka a "Scuba Suit" would be a nice undersuit. The material (usually neoprene) is much more substantial than spandex.
that was my thought, especially since I happened to stumble across a wetsuit with the exact color I needed. I got a reply from Quicksilver saying to ask local surf shops if they had defective suits like that. So i'll be giving that a shot as well.

I'm also looking into dye sub suits. If I could find a pattern to alter I could just use that for an undersuit and have the detail i'm looking for.

I have done a little work on your version myself, its just the back mainly but the front has been sketched over too on one side. Hope this helps, your certainly gave me an excellent basis!image.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back