Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Guardians of the Galaxy movie discussion with spoilers.

You can find the pre-release discussion thread here.

Guardians of the Galaxy trailer 2 UK -- Marvel _ HD - YouTube

Release Date: August 01, 2014.

Synopsis: In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan.

Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn, Nicole Perlman, Dan Abnett (comic book), Andy Lanning (comic book).
Cast: Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, Peter Serafinowicz.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/

attachment.php

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol.1

BreoRhyCAAAPToI.jpg

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Art of the Movie

51K57ldPQ8L.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning: The Complete Collection Volume 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded!! What a freakingly brilliantly awesome film!!!!!!!

If you like your science fiction to be solemn ,prophetic and thoughtful then you are seriously going to see the WRONG movie today!
Straight in at number One and then some. I knew I was going to struggle not to love it the moment I heard the first track playing and bang, the damn thing had me in an emotional chokehold in record time, the previous holder for an arrow straight through the heart being “UP”. And that’s before the titles kick in !!!
That’s the kind of film it is. What a rollercoaster!!! If you’re a child of the seventies and can catch all the references, it offers up such a warm blast of nostalgia that you are rendered immediately helpless to resist all its charms, of which there are too many to count without an immediate second viewing!!!!
It looks fantastic, like the best space opera comic book you’ve ever dreamed of come to life. The Foss influence is easy to see in the vibrant universe they have managed to create. This is vintage pulp sci-fi. How they managed to get such an effects heavy film produced in such a short time span is almost beyond me but it was glorious to look at and stunningly done. “Action packed” is not really the term you could use here, it is that stuffed ,almost beyond exploding point, with great set pieces, and the climax is just phenomenal.
Yet the heart and soul of the film rests entirely with the Guardians and it works all the more brilliantly for that. Yep Rocket won it hands down for me, with Drax and Groot close behind , but its Chris Pratts “Starlord” as the man stuck in the middle of all the madness and mayhem, trying to bring home the bacon, that really made it for me.
And that ending. Well, lets just say I couldn’t tell if I was crying tears of laughter or sadness or a bit of both at the same time it was that great.
Really I don’t think they could have released a better summer film this year. Marvel made a brave choice with the material and its writers and director but boy they not only hit the ball out the park but put it into orbit with this one. Everybody was chattering happily about it as the lights came on.
Oh and I’m going to duck the issue of the end of credits trailer on the grounds I still haven’t stopped laughing at it yet.

Go. Watch. Rejoice. For Marvel have worked another miracle!

The end credits really was a "is that who I think it is?" Moment a laughed hard too!

Yep, I was surprised by how many people actually got it before the credit was flashed on screen to confirm!!! Did anyone spot Nathan Fillion? Tried as hard as I could yet it was a bust for me, but I guess there were alot of colourful humanoids in there to hide him. Having thought about it now there were a few questions to be answered by the end of it given some of the things that happened, ie places blown up etc. Still grinning though, Marvel seem to have gone very light hearted and playiful with their last few films and this really seems to hit the mark with audiences. 2D next time though theres just so much going on it ! PS No raccoons or trees were hurt in the making of this film!

Last edited:
I just got back from an IMAX 3D Screening in Cardiff Bay Odeon, my spoiler FREE review for the film in a few short words:
HEART
SOUL
HUMOUR
ACTION
all on an epic scale with both a FANTASTIC score by Tyler Bates and a very fitting soundtrack by various artists.

You have to go and see this on the big screen it was truly fantastic.

To anyone going to see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, James Gunn and Marvel have taken a gamble and it paid off in spades.

EPIC!

I loved the whole retro feel

Gonna see it again just to absorb more,.....there was something very familiar about it,....it felt like.....

J

Yep, I was surprised by how many people actually got it before the credit was flashed on screen to confirm!!! Did anyone spot Nathan Fillion? Tried as hard as I could yet it was a bust for me, but I guess there were alot of colourful humanoids in there to hide him. Having thought about it now there were a few questions to be answered by the end of it given some of the things that happened, ie places blown up etc. Still grinning though, Marvel seem to have gone very light hearted and playiful with their last few films and this really seems to hit the mark with audiences. 2D next time though theres just so much going on it ! PS No raccoons or trees were hurt in the making of this film!

Aparently he voiced the big blue alien in the prizon that Groot liked the nose of
J

So much fun! So good! Going to the theater to see this multiple times. Already one of my favorite movies ever. Something for everyone, comedy, action, drama. Just plain FUN!

Biggest mistake I made before seeing this movie was watching Star Trek Axanar. Seeing the only female character from that fan film being labeled a bi*** and a who** put me in a foul mood. I was hoping Gamora would be treated with a little more respect since we have the very talented Zoe Saldana playing the role. But no, they call her a who** as well and the audience was laughing out loud the moment he said it. Didn't even hear what Gamora said when she tried to interrupted him.

Oh, look. Wasp has officially been killed off screen in the Marvel universe before she even appeared... yay...

I just wish he got a line with the accent.
Oh well. He will be running Knowhere in the next movie! LOL

My wife was worried I was hyping the flick, you know getting hopes up too much, me????!!!
I asked her during the credits... so did I hype it too much? ............ "No."
Are you a true believer now....... "Yes!"
LOL

Still seems like too good to be true this movie actually happened.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back