Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

I'm just not eager to see Avengers and Guardians get too cozy right away.
Kind of want Guardians to be their own thing for a while.

I hear a lot of praise for the cast if GOTG, but one person I don't hear much about is Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser. I think he did a great job. I'm sad he got disintegrated.

10363769_10152225621782344_6573215232362392515_n.jpg

I LOVE that bit.

Chris: Here we are on the flight deck.
*Cuts to external shot of cockpit set rocking on a gimble*
Me: Boingy, boingy, boingy, boingy.

But I will say this though on the language. Drax calling Gamora a ***** was the biggest problem I had with the film. I know Drax wasn't all there in the head, but to use the term so lightly on someone you call "your friend" is not the kind of thing I would want to laugh at. It's like saying it's ok to call your female friend a ***** in front of everyone as long as you're 'friends'.

Just shows how we all see things differently, I thought that was the funniest line of the film and it got a huge laugh from the audience at my theater.

Am I the only one who thinks the dancing Groot (and dancing Star Lord) are pretty much the same thing as THAT scene from Spidey 3?

I found the whole movie brilliant except for those bits. I think I was the only person in the cinema who didn't laugh.

I think the main difference is that for Spidey dancing is out of character, for Peter, it is in character, hell dancing was his introductory scene, its how he warmed Gamorea to him, dancing is his thing.

Baby groots scene was hilarious, and possibly a sign that he too has been influenced by Peter, and the legend of Kevin Bacon.

Am I the only one who thinks the dancing Groot (and dancing Star Lord) are pretty much the same thing as THAT scene from Spidey 3?

I found the whole movie brilliant except for those bits. I think I was the only person in the cinema who didn't laugh.

Peter did it as a distraction, clearly stated, and because it was so outlandish and something he had never seen before, worked brilliantly on Ronan as he was so flabbergasted at what was going on which gave time for Rocket to repair the weapon.

Spiderman 3 sucked. Enough said there.

And Groot? Leave him the **** alone, he's adorable.

I thought the dance in front of Ronan was a tad much, but it served its purpose.
The movie was fantastic, and was a great idea for Marvel to do. It stands alone as much as its an integral part of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline.
They hit it out of the park on this one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back