Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

The film opened like Raiders, and progressively ended like Star Wars, kudos on Marvel for taking a chance.

marvel is definitely keeping with the whole Phase 2 relates to Empire Strikes Back by having a hand cut off in each film so far.

I want a dancing groot-plant tree now. That last scene with him and Drax during the credits was just hilarious.

That scene is what caused me to give it a 9/10 instead of a 10/10.

But seriously this movie was fantastic. I will be seeing it another 2 or 3 times atleast.

That scene is what caused me to give it a 9/10 instead of a 10/10.

But seriously this movie was fantastic. I will be seeing it another 2 or 3 times atleast.

Yeah that went on a little long and too cutesy for my tastes but my wife loved it so I'll give it a pass.
Not like they didn't show Groot brutally bashing the living hell out of bad guys en masse.

Brilliant movie from star to finish, and was it me, or where the closing credits a lot shorter than in some of the other marvel films? Didn't seem like I had to wait a long time to get to that end scene.

Dancing baby Groot was fab, I wonder if Vin did the motion capture for that?

The movie was awesome and I'm gonna have to see it again.

I felt like I was thrown right in the middle of events happening that I didn't understand, kinda like Star Wars when it opens up and you are just to assume you know what all is happening, but you're trying to keep up and get your bearings, which was cool because many movies spend a ton of time setting up and explaining everything. It's nice to be curious and want to know more. I'll definitely be seeing it again!

Loved Peter Quill, Rocket and Groot. The film was a lot of fun. It kept a great balance of serious, humor, and action. Great stuff!!! I give it a 9.5/10. :D

I wonder if the UK version was trimmed?

I remember reading a transcript of the scene where Drax calls Gamora a *****, then shoots the woman for insulting her, Gamora was supposed to say "but ***** is ok?"

Someone let me know if that is still in the US version please.

Saw it last night. Thought it was awesome. When this film was originally announced, I thought for sure this was going to be the first major misstep. Damn was I wrong and I've never been more happy to be wrong. So great. Loved every minute of it. Especially the cameos by the Celestials and just how this movie seems to be the major lynchpin of story now. Going back tonight to see it again.

Saw this in IMAX 3D last night and absolutely loved it from start to finish! It was a fun ride that left me wanting to stay for the next show to see it all over again. At the end of the movie the audience out of enjoyment burst into applause. I don't always go to IMAX to see a movie however this one plays extraordinarily well on the big screen. Colors were beautiful and the scope of image was just so crisp and clear in addition to the massive sound system to play the great soundtrack, it was the perfect place to see this on opening night.

I wonder if the UK version was trimmed?

I remember reading a transcript of the scene where Drax calls Gamora a *****, then shoots the woman for insulting her, Gamora was supposed to say "but ***** is ok?"

Someone let me know if that is still in the US version please.

In the U.S. here, no she didn't say that in the one I saw either, just leaves off after Drax shoots her.

Just saw it earlier today, and LOVED it. Everyone was stellar, loved all the characters, but what surprised me is how much Drax grew on me, looking into cosplaying as him next year now lol. Definitely a recommended movie. Going to see it again Sunday.

Like everyone else has stated excellent movie.

Nova Prime has horrible defensive measures...form a giant shield with our only offensive weapons?:facepalm No wonder Nova came to Earth.

I felt like Chris Pratt was channeling another comedian or actor when he did the throat cutting scene.:confused It was a good bit of acting though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back