Bastardized female cyborg

harleyquinn525

Hello all
So i am making a plus size female teen titans cyborg from pepper potts resurse pepakura & mega man forearms. I am posting about it to force myself to be held accountable and to finish the project. I have the knowledge and the skills to finish this in the time that i have. But the confidence to wear this to an actual con and post pictures. Not so much, so humans do not hold back.

The link for the pepakura has vanished so i do not know how to show it.( pepper)
http://www.therpf.com/f24/megaman-x-armor-pep-files-downloads-back-up-91244/
Cyborg.jpg

This is also my first real cosplay from the beginning.

Wearing a costume in public for the first time can be scary. My wife and I were in our 30's and both of us were nervous. We ended up having a blast and we now look for an reason to dress up. The good thing about a con for a first time is that there will be numerous other people doing the same thing. Do your best and have fun. That's a what this is all about.

BH

I am using 110 pound card stock and fiberglass. Yay for fancey sfx degree that i rarely use. I do not like EVA foam. I am using this method because i do not have access or the funds to do a sculpt and vacuum form version. Tomorrow i will post pictures of the first few pieces if i have them finished. Sadly i am doing this project to prove to myself that just because i am sick doesn't mean i have to give in to my weak bodies whims. It is also why i choose cyborg over any other character.

- - - Updated - - -

Jerry rig is when you just make it work. It isnt the cleanest or the prettiest but it is functional

:p I finished my first round of practice mega man arm. It took me three hours from start to finish and my hands haven't stop being swollen or hurting since i finished at 4:30. But no worries i will do a real one tomorrow.

Last edited:
So far i am failing so hard at this. I killed my printer bought a replacement. My hands gave out on me so bad that i didn't work on the project at all. But i have thought of a plan B and C to get this project done the way i want it to be done. Pictures will happen as experiments happen.

So far i am failing so hard at this. I killed my printer bought a replacement. My hands gave out on me so bad that i didn't work on the project at all. But i have thought of a plan B and C to get this project done the way i want it to be done. Pictures will happen as experiments happen.
Hand trouble, do you have carpal tunnel? Look foward to the updates...GM

I am still waiting for a true diagnosis. The believe i either have rheumatoid arthritis, MS or ALS i find out on the 25th. But i have done a bit more this week. Just having issues with resizing and getting the fit i need.

Good luck with your costume! I have post-strep arthritis in my wrists and it's a real pain sometimes when I'm trying to cut out 100 little paper pieces for a pepakura project, so I can sympathize.

The past two days became giant failures. I printer out the ones for foam not just cardstock. But i have the correct pieces in place for when i am off on sunday.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back