Spacex/Golden Astronaut Replicas

KevinD

Sr Member
As a kid I was a huge fan of the Spacex (in America they were called 'Golden Astronaut'), range of plastic space toys made by Triang. I collected them all and was always playing with them. They were strongly reminiscent of the vehicles from the works of Gerry Anderson, which I've always loved. I have started a project to make larger and slightly more realistic versions of them all. These are the ones I have done so far.

Pleasure Cruiser 1

Reconnaisance R2

Supply Force Mercury

Prospector

Forklift 7 (Liftloader)

Helicopter P3
3lku.jpg

Nova 1

Nuclear Freighter NFII

Space Patrol 1 (Space Command Ship)

Needle Probe

That´s an interesting toy line! I had those Dinky Space Toys, never saw that toy line nor heard of the Triang brand. Or maybe read about when I was actively into toy collecting, but can´t remember them.

I love most of the designs, that Helicopter P3 in particular. And a few of them indeed look like they were not only heavily inspired by but almost copies of Anderson designs.

I have cobbled together from old kit parts a service structure for maintenance and turnaround procedures between flights!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back