Looking for gatling gun help

MarkD90

Greets all. Long time reader. Friend of Search.

I'm working on a steampunk-ish Gatling gun arm. Good progress so far, but I would like to incorporate a backpack ammo pack and the feed chute. The pack should be easy; but I'm hitting a wall with the feed chute. Seems like there should be rectangular flexible cable guides or similar to adapt to the purpose, but I haven't found any. Any thoughts or suggestions that don't cost a kings ransom?
Thanks,
Mark

I was doing some research myself on how to make a feed chute for my own costume, and this is what I came up with.

Below is a link to an actual feed chute. See how they're made up of sections with a taper on one side to allow the sections to bend?
http://www.google.com.my/imgres?img...act=rc&uact=3&dur=437&page=3&start=48&ndsp=28

I'm thinking of making the sections out of foam since it'll be east to cut and carve, then string them together with, well, a string(or 2, so the sections won't rotate around the string if there's only one). The tension of the strings should keep the sections together without the need for any glue, allowing easy replacement of any section(s) should they get damaged.

Takes a bit of work, but you'd end up with a fully customized chute to fit your steampunk theme.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back