UFO SHADO Mobile scratchbuild

KevinD

Sr Member
I don't make a lot of studio scale models because I don't really have the space for them. However, here is my SHADO Mobile from UFO. The chassis is made from the Tiger Joe Tank toy wheels and tracks in a perspex frame. The body is made from plywood covered in plasticard and a lot of car body filler.

Thanks. Here are some build pictures. Sorry they are a bit random in content, I posted a build thread elsewhere years ago and these are all that the host has not deleted! I have one shot showing the rear door.

Last edited:
Very good model:cool RCNut is another one here on the RPF who does the UFO models also. Love the renewed interest in those models. Now, if somebody could do a Moon Interceptor;)

Nice Mobile, for some reason The Tiger Joe tanks varied in the makeup of what wheels you got, some had all plain ones and some came with all ribbed ones, Luck of the draw I guess.

That Mobile looks incredibly good in the natural sunlight. Loved U.F.O. as a kid and the Dinky toys ( though I hated that emerald paint job of theirs). I'd have sold my soul get one like yours when I was eight. Ah the summers then, "Bananna Splits", " Scooby Do" and then "Dr Who" and "U.F.O" to give me nightmares occasionally. Great work on those builds Kevin, you've done Gerry proud but I wouldn't leave them out too long in this sun!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back