ANOVOS Darth Vader

Appreciate the discussion here guys... I am considering ordering the soft parts, but I am 6'6 and am concerned about the cape/robe length... for those that have it on a 6'6 mannequin or you're similar height, is it long enough?

Not to hijack this thread, but...

I might be selling this esb capeset in about 2-3 months.

Getting one from KevVader, on his wait list

its about 66" long. In costume I'm about 6'7"

Every part of this is from members of Therpf, the Sith Lord forum. Except the rubies pleather suit and chest box
IMG_6146_zpsyzdukxrk.jpg

Side note before someone mentions it, the rubies rots chest box is just a place holder till I get my accurate esb box

back to the thread, I've heard of some people getting approval from 501st with some (not all) anovos parts

Last edited:
If you are 6'6" then the Anovos cape will be too short. My cape is about 8" too short and the robes are about 6" too short.

You can see this in the pic on my 6'6" manny. He's 6'9" with the helmet and boots on.

The Anovos cape measures 60" long.

Attachments

• Cape1.JPG
    Cape1.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Cape2.JPG
    Cape2.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 152
  • full_b&w.jpg
    full_b&w.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 190
Is that the longest cape from Anovos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Anovos listing for the cape says 60 inches. Apparently that is the only size. They have two sizes for the body suit, but the length appears to be the same for both (34 inch inseam).

It seems like a bad choice to only have one length for a Vader suit and it isn't anywhere near the actual height of the character.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

There are a few guys who have been approved in the 501st with Anovos suits. The cape is going to be too short if you are over 6'1" barefoot. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they didn't do a longer cape to fit a person 6'4" or 6'5". Rubies did that at least. Oh well...

Don't get me wrong, I like the one stop shop that anovos is offering, but to get an approved costume would at least require a new helmet and cod... pretty close to the price I mentioned. If keeping the helmet (which looks closest to episode III), then new chest boxes and belt boxes to match, along with accurate episode III gloves. Just saying, I have an ANH and ESB Vader approved via the 501st, and know a little about the details required. The anovos is a great Frankenstein kit for display - I was just trying to notify thread readers that there are better options for the price... not trying to ruffle feathers.

Don't spread false information. The Anovos helmet is no where near an episode 3 Vader helmet.

The most obvious being the fact that it is not symmetrical, doesn't have flat lenses, and is in a two tone paint scheme which the episode 3 helmet doesn't have.

The Anovos helmet is based on an ESB Vader and will be fine for basic approval.

I am part of the SLD too and currently working on my ROTJ Vader approval. I got a Darth Ugly otw.

I don't know why they didn't just make the cape and robes extra long, and allow people to hem it if necessary?

It seems like they're doing that with some of the pants in their costumes. All one long length and customer hems them accordingly.

I don't know why they didn't just make the cape and robes extra long, and allow people to hem it if necessary?

It seems like they're doing that with some of the pants in their costumes. All one long length and customer hems them accordingly.
That would have made much more sense than making it only work for people who are much shorter than the actual character. It's like they didn't know taller people dress as Vader.

Even for people who aren't well over 6 feet, they may want to put the costume on a correct height mannequin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Question about the mantle and bells lining up... mine appear to be pretty flimsy and easily bent (the brackets) and the paint is even chipped off on the brackets... wondering if yours is this way or I may have received a bad one?IMG_4309.JPGIMG_4308.JPG

I asked yesterday and was told a 'very large shipment' is on the way to them from overseas. They said that this shipment has enough Vader helmets to fill all outstanding orders. He also mentioned that there are a ton of other helmets, etc. on that shipment. He did not know when it was arriving but I was assured it was very soon.

OK let's see, where to start...
The helmet is probably the best part of the suit, and it's very close to the ESB helmet. But the suit itself is an odd mix of ESB and ROTJ, why they didn't just go for one or the other is beyond me. Maybe they thought they would sell more if it's a mashup, who knows.

The Shoulder Armor is missing the hook the for the cape chain. It also has a "odd" methodology for holding the cape on, namely the three snaps on each side. I've seen the original ESB suit, and the cape was not held on in this fashion.

The cape itself is very nice, but because of the way it's held on to the armor it constantly slides back across the shoulder armor, this was fixed in the ESB by the addition of some soft velcro on the cape side and hard velcro on the shoulder bits of armor.

The belt, now maybe this was a feature and not a bug, but the boxes are not attached to the belt, and can (and do) easily move, this is not the case on the ESB suit, the boxes were held with a single bolt and wing nut on the inside of each box that went through the belt, I use tape on mine because the gorilla tape holds well and doesn't damage the boxes or the belt, and I love Gorilla tape. The connection on the belt is very strong velcro, and I respect that, but it could/should have been an actual belt to make double damn sure it doesn't come undone. But to be fair, the ROTJ one did just use velcro. (ANH one used a belt) Also my buckle was scratched up when it arrived, and not scratched in the pattern that is seen in ANH. Again an odd choice.

The chest box is using and odd set of straps to hold it in place the original ESB one has a hoop strap for the top and a belt like strap to hold the box to the body. Now they might have a reason for doing this, but the one I got was not only backwards, I had to disassemble and set it up right to get it to hold at all, but because it's not using a proper over the neck strap, the box rarely sit in place. I have since replace that strap with a proper length neck strap. Now this might be done because we are all different sizes and heights, but the method they used was odd and hardly works. Also the bits on the plastic chest box fall off pretty easily, I ended up epoxying them on and now they no longer fall off.

The body suit is fine, it's considerably different from the actual body suit, but I think they wanted ventilation over accuracy if you were going to wear it for a long period of time, the leather suit would get wicked hot without the vents. And I do appreciate the fly, again a nice touch not in the ANH or ESB suits. Something that WAS added to the Rogue One suit (which was the original suit according to Spencer Wilding when I talked to him at Planet Comicon)

The shin guards are very, very cheap and the straps are in the wrong location from the original. A small bitch, but a noticeable one.

Finally, no boots, for 3K or 4K in cost, they should have offered some form of boot, at the very least as an add on item. The original boots still exist for ANH and ROTJ costumes, they would be simple enough to replicate, and they should have done so.

The cod piece is missing an under the trunk support strap, while it's not the most important feature all three had of the original trilogy suits had them. Not sure about ROTS.

I had some dealing with Disney, and it's where I actually got my Anovos costume from, and I spoke to a couple of their costume people at length about it, and they thought Anovos should have done a better job, in particular the way the cape attaches, and how it hangs, it might be to pattern, but it needs help. I've modded my Vader suit and bought enough other pieces that I now have a very screen accurate Vader costume from RO, ANH, ESB, and about a 90% accurate one from ROTS and ROTJ.

Hope this helps,
Kelvington

Anovos didn't have a license for footwear. I'm not sure how they arranged the inclusion of footwear for the expensive FO Stormtrooper set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back