ANOVOS Darth Vader

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

As stated before, we've all been there and have all weathered the our fair share of bad vendors. It has always come down to, talk to real people like ...real people. It's not that we're trying to one-up anyone, it's just the way I would like to be spoken to as someone investing in someone's run... honestly and frankly with a touch of well thought out planning to reach the mutual goal.

Sometimes, it doesn't go smoothly. Heck, some of you might even remember the Got Maul run's way back when, with Darth Vader suits, Jango guns and what not. We even did Active projects together with Ghostbuster proton packs... and admittedly, some of those projects ended in drastic failures, but not without lack of communication and a great deal of painful and costly accountability.

So, there will be up's and down's . I guarantee this. But the one thing you won't see us or my communication to with you guys is ever diminish the value of clear communication in both bad and good waters. We all started this hobby together over a decade and a half ago, and God-willng should Anovos last or not last, we will all be in this hobby as older people either looking towards to more fun things in the future or reminiscing the Golden Years of our hobby. Either way, we still have a long ride together, so better make sure we treat each other well, no matter if its from the communal or company level.

That's basically what I meant. You 'get it'. I never thought it was something that's be that hard to get, though.

That's the stuff that makes people huge fans...

Wish other collectible companies to learn from Anovos' excellent communication skills and dedication. It is always a pleasure to come to this thread and see all the questions answered with every minute detail. Professionalism at its best! :thumbsup Cannot wait for you guys to get international license.

We have it ! Can you believe we've been waiting for our VAT number this whole time ?

Yet...it is still faster than the our government's processes...

José, those GB active projects were nothing but positive! That's still one of my favorite chapters of my time in this hobby. Discovery after discovery, true group efforts...

While we're being so great about communication, were they able to get you some updated estimates on the Han rig/Bespin ensemble?

- Doug

Doug, we are quite literally in the final stages of that. The approved cuts and dye jobs have been handed over to our California manufacturer and he's pumping them out now. I estimate only a few more weeks before you start getting finalized emails for delivered product.

That's really exciting! Is that both the rig and the clothes? Are there options that we'll have to consider before shipping?

As stated before, we've all been there and have all weathered the our fair share of bad vendors. It has always come down to, talk to real people like ...real people. It's not that we're trying to one-up anyone, it's just the way I would like to be spoken to as someone investing in someone's run... honestly and frankly with a touch of well thought out planning to reach the mutual goal.

Sometimes, it doesn't go smoothly. Heck, some of you might even remember the Got Maul run's way back when, with Darth Vader suits, Jango guns and what not. We even did Active projects together with Ghostbuster proton packs... and admittedly, some of those projects ended in drastic failures, but not without lack of communication and a great deal of painful and costly accountability.

wait a minute, you guys tried to do proton packs? any info on this ?

And I agree. I LOVE the amount of communication you guys give. companies can learn from this. you and the Chronicle guys who always keep me up to date on my delayed Terror Dog purchase have been amazing so far ;o)

We have it ! Can you believe we've been waiting for our VAT number this whole time ?

Yet...it is still faster than the our government's processes...

As you now have the license and VAT number when can we expect orders to open up to international customers?

also, how much extra work does the storm trooper kit need to get it to match the complete ensemble? the price would make it an instant buy. just not sure what's involved.

Hi Vader peeps, just some updates to this project:

As I alluded to in my other posts, there were some significant delays to the Vader's because of some issues we've had with the mantle and chest box from Day 1. When we finally got a chance to compare the mantle we had versus the Vader mantle's at the archive, we noticed disparities that we couldn't live with. So, we halted production and did what we felt was the most "right" thing to do . We scrapped the old mantle, along with its high sunk costs, and opted to 3D scan the original Vader mantle, grow and reproduce this. We felt by doing this, we'd finally capture the slope of the mantle we'd been looking for and same with the shoulder bells.

By mantle you mean the chest/shoulder armor or the actual cape?

If so I just hope that we won't be seeing a repro of a tour vader shoulder armour because iirc the vaders on display at the varioud exhibitions never were built consistently out of screen used pieces.

Any idea if individual soft parts from the Vader and TIE Pilot will be offered anytime soon?

Good question. I have some more...could you say what costume parts of the ESB Vader will be sold seperately? Complete softparts or capeset seperated from leather stuff? Will you offer an option Prowse sized....especially for the non trooping fans who just want an accurate display with accurate sized parts?

"20 questions" if you can GM, thanks in advance:

You mentioned in an early post that your products were aim at hard core fans. Now you have the scans of the originals from the archives does that change?

How rigorous will you be to ensure that the factory exactly as per the scans ?

While your scanning everything, why not scan the dome too, ? Rather than create your own sculpt of the widows peak impression. Same with the shin guards

As noted in post above- What size best suits the David prowse proportions . Can you offer an additional size for this ? for those wishing to display it rather than costume in it

Is it a limited run or will it be ongoing?

Most importantly, will these products be available in Australia Also- as you have access to the archives, do you intend on scan a boba fett suit and adding that to your line?

Thanks again
Mike

Last edited:

"20 questions" if you can GM, thanks in advance:

You mentioned in an early post that your products were aim at hard core fans. Now you have the scans of the originals from the archives does that change?

How rigorous will you be to ensure that the factory exactly as per the scans ?

While your scanning everything, why not scan the dome too, ? Rather than create your own sculpt of the widows peak impression. Same with the shin guards

As noted in post above- What size best suits the David prowse proportions . Can you offer an additional size for this ? for those wishing to display it rather than costume in it

Is it a limited run or will it be ongoing?

Most importantly, will these products be available in Australia Also- as you have access to the archives, do you intend on scan a boba fett suit and adding that to your line?

Thanks again
Mike

Hi Mike, nope didn't forget.

Having scans doesn't change our original position on accuracy. Our product focuses on costuming and getting you the most bang for your buck. The scans help guide us and in some cases are good enough for direct print. But once we scan something, it goes to 3D model manipulation, THEN it goes to print. That secondary step is where we determine what stays and what goes, typically for reasons of costumeability and durability. Once we approve the details we go to print and that becomes the master.

As for Vader, we did scan the majority of armor, including helmet.

As for sizing, Prowse size is typically the 2XL choice.

These are not limited but open runs.

Looking into Australia.

Boba has been scanned extensively.

Right, just the chest and shoulder bells.

Good question. I have some more...could you say what costume parts of the ESB Vader will be sold seperately? Complete softparts or capeset seperated from leather stuff? Will you offer an option Prowse sized....especially for the non trooping fans who just want an accurate display with accurate sized parts?

We are separating the parts, but how we will do so is still up in the air. As you alluded to, we will group certain parts together. As for prowse, our 2xl is a nice size that gets pretty close to him.

I bought the trooper kit. I really hope there is not that much work needed tomake it a display. I am still having trouble making a proper display for 3P0 :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back