ANOVOS Darth Vader

Damm i cant wait to get my helmet! It looks awesome. I already recieved my life support kit from anovos. Aside from tailoring adjustments needed, once i get my helmet i can seriously consider trying to join the 501st.

Ok, who has the best mannequin that is available for the Darth Vader suit and Kylo Ren suit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could we get some good close up pics of the Chest Box and Belt set up?? I am going to do different parts for my Vader but I really like the look of the Anovos Life Support System.

Thanks

Have you asked user Dday?

He offers the moveable ones for Troopers, and he also was working on a Vader version. Not sure if it was a one run only, but for sure worth to ask.

Here's mine that was custom built to Prowse's exact measurements by a model maker in the Philippines several years ago. When it was all said and done with shipping I think it cost me a little over $1k, but it was well worth it to get the ESB look. :cool

20160730_164250.jpg

BrentM....man, that looks great!

I agree with others that spending more on the mannequin than the suit is maybe crazy, but having done a few life-size statues I will say this: the mannequin makes the statue.

Even the best costume/armor looks cheesy and cheap on a bad, dime-store mannequin. With all the things our modern society has to offer, I'm surprised there isn't a company out there offering dynamic, fully articulated mannys for less than $3000-$4000.

When it comes to Vader, it's even harder to find the perfect manny! From what I've read, David Prowse was about 6'5" or 6'6" and had a 50" chest. With the costume and boots on he had to be about 6'9" or taller!

I really think that if someone could offer a Vader manny in the sweet spot ($1000 or less) they'd sell quite a few of them. I've been on the RPF for 10 years, and a good accurate Vader manny seems to be the holy grail of many 1:1 guys, but there still isn't a good one out there!

Maybe with these new ANOVOS suits hitting the market it will help make it happen!?

BrentM....man, that looks great!

I agree with others that spending more on the mannequin than the suit is maybe crazy, but having done a few life-size statues I will say this: the mannequin makes the statue.

Even the best costume/armor looks cheesy and cheap on a bad, dime-store mannequin. With all the things our modern society has to offer, I'm surprised there isn't a company out there offering dynamic, fully articulated mannys for less than $3000-$4000.

When it comes to Vader, it's even harder to find the perfect manny! From what I've read, David Prowse was about 6'5" or 6'6" and had a 50" chest. With the costume and boots on he had to be about 6'9" or taller!

I really think that if someone could offer a Vader manny in the sweet spot ($1000 or less) they'd sell quite a few of them. I've been on the RPF for 10 years, and a good accurate Vader manny seems to be the holy grail of many 1:1 guys, but there still isn't a good one out there!

Maybe with these new ANOVOS suits hitting the market it will help make it happen!?

Thanks, Brad. I've done a lot of tweaking on him over the years, but I've finally reached the point where I'm perfectly happy and don't plan to futz with him any further for fear of messing something up. :lol

When I had my mannequin custom built I had the height pegged at 6'6" as that's the consensus height given for Prowse at his peak. I think my statue with the full costume on comes to about 6'10" and with the base it's around 7'2"...definitely imposing when people see it for the first time. :cool

There have been people promising to do a custom Prowse mannequin for years now, but for some reason it never happens. Even when I had mine done almost 4 years ago now there were people on here talking about about doing a run, but it kept getting delayed and ultimately never happened. I'm sure someone will finally do it at some point, but I'm sure glad I didn't wait for the people who were promising to do it back then.

I've been waiting for years too Brent M. Great inspiration everytime I see your vader. Its one of my reference shots that I keep on my PC everytime I build up my vader piece at a time on how Vader SHOULD be displayed.

I've been waiting for years too Brent M. Great inspiration everytime I see your vader. Its one of my reference shots that I keep on my PC everytime I build up my vader piece at a time on how Vader SHOULD be displayed.

Thanks for saying that, man. It took me a long time and more money than I had ever planned on spending, but ultimately I ended up with the Vader I had always wanted. My goal was to have something that looked like it walked right off the set of ESB and I think it got pretty close. :cool

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back