My Back To The Future Diorama Collection 1:43 Scale

DavidMiniatures

Hey guys, new to the site and I wanted to share my dioramas with you. I've created 5 Back To The Future dioramas in 1:43 scale. Everything is scratch built. The Cars are from Vitesse but they are also taken apart, modified, repainted and reassemble. I hope you guys enjoy, please check out my site for how I made each one and more photos.

MG_2279.jpg

MG_26641.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

MG_1384.jpg

Back-the-the-Future-III-143-Scale-Miniature-Diorama_14337817311_l.jpg

bob.jpg

http://davidminiatures.com/site/miniature-diorama-of-the-back-to-the-future-trilogy/

Unbelievable! I'm glad you decided to register here. I have seen your work before. Really outstanding!

I'd like to ask, what paint do you use for the body of the Deloreans? I have an unopened kit waiting for months, because I don't wanna mess it up with the wron color. Thanks in advance!

Yes, those are awesome; I agree with Mr. Gale.

I'd like to ask, what paint do you use for the body of the Deloreans? I have an unopened kit waiting for months, because I don't wanna mess it up with the wron color. Thanks in advance!
I'd like to know as well — not just the paint, but the technique as well. I've got two or three of the Polar Lights kits, as well as one of the 1/15th Diamond Select cars.

Just curious — anyone who has gotten of the newer versions of this kit, can you confirm whether the "DMC" badge was added to the front of the car?

SSB

The cars i use are made by Vitesse. They are made f metal, not plastic. so no paint. i just lightly sand and weather the metal to accentuate the brushed steel effect.

Unbelievable! I'm glad you decided to register here. I have seen your work before. Really outstanding!

The cars i use are made by Vitesse. They are made f metal, not plastic. so no paint. i just lightly sand and weather the metal to accentuate the brushed steel effect.
I thought that might be the case, but was hoping not. Oh, well. You did a great job with these dioramas; they really catch the spirit and look of the films. The BttF series is a particular favorite of mine. Every time I watch them, I marvel at how well they hold together. In addition to everything else they do well, I consider them monuments to internal consistency/continuity.

SSB

I think I have to say the BTTF: Part II diorama is my favorite. Just awesome! And your site is impressive.

Fantastic job!!!

Im also from Montreal would love to see your work in person someday, Im a big model collector myself, I have mostly studio scale models we should meet :)

Gerardo

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back