Robotech: The Academy Kickstarter From Harmony Gold

I saw that a while back and was kind of unsure about and still am, it would seem that the fans are too since they're quite a ways from their goal of $500,000 and with less than 3 weeks left to go I'm not sure if they'll make it. I think that they might have had more success if they had instead tried to get a sequel to The Shadow Chronicles greenlit, then it would have been easier to follow up with this Robotech Academy idea and maybe even make the Kickstarter completely unnecessary.

Yeah my first thought was whether this would continue the Shadow Chronicles story, or be yet another "Ok, so....that never happened" thing the way they ultimately went with the Sentinels storyline. Plus, $500K for a pilot that might be optioned by a network to become an ongoing series? No thanks.

As much as I love Robotech if they're having that much trouble raising the funds all the other fans must be leery. To be honest I'd rather see them just keep doing direct to video movies. They could do a trilogy out of Sentinels or something and finish the sequel to Shadow Chronicles they've been promising. Harmony Gold isn't very good at planning out projects. They keep putting off more movies talking about the live action movie that's been in development hell since forever.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back