CW Arrow "Arsenal" thread

RA24_4_Me

Now that the first photo has been released, who is going to be the first one to take a stab at this costume?

RggoO5e.jpg

Looks like he has a Ragim Matrix like the season 1 Arrow bow.

That's a badass look, but that lacing makes the jacket very custom is going to be a pain the ***** to replicate!

Yeah, I'm with everyone else... That looks like a real hell to try and replicate. Hopefully some site like ProCosplay or something will make a decent enough suit and I'll go with that, given how I'll have already spent so much into my Ollie suit.

I'll be working on getting an Arsenal suit done for the conventions in about 12 months time.
Definitely won't be cheap though.

I think any quality replica of any kind won't be particularly cheap given the ribbed detailing on the shoulders and knees and the different materials used. As well as the lacing.
Holy crap.
With any luck the online costume makers will come out with a decent base that after a couple of hundred or a few hundred dollars of mods will create something pretty damn decent.

Time will tell though - there's a lot of detail missing from the shot!

I took a brightening tool to this photo, and it turns out, the only black we can see is the straps on his shoulders and the lacing. The trousers are a darker red than the red of it, and the undershirt is the same

Just picked this up on eBay UK (for less than a tenner posted) which should serve as a pretty solid base. Probably going in over by head on this one, but hey, learn by doing!
$_57.JPG
planning to slice into it for the lacing, re hem either side and take an eyelet punch to it. I think some black shoe polish should be able to graduate the colour up from the bottom, and black motorcycle trousers should be close enough. This will have to wait till my Deathstroke is finished for November's Birmingham Con, but it's always good to have something to go to next...

Just picked this up on eBay UK (for less than a tenner posted) which should serve as a pretty solid base. Probably going in over by head on this one, but hey, learn by doing!
View attachment 354195
planning to slice into it for the lacing, re hem either side and take an eyelet punch to it. I think some black shoe polish should be able to graduate the colour up from the bottom, and black motorcycle trousers should be close enough. This will have to wait till my Deathstroke is finished for November's Birmingham Con, but it's always good to have something to go to next...

Erm just so you know, his trousers are actually dark red, not black. I used iPhoto on this image, and brightened it, trust me.

Yeah, I get that, but I can imagine how hard they'll be to get hold of - I'm happy to go with an approximation! :)

£7.50 on eBay :)
Just type in red leather trousers. And it also doesn't matter if they're women's, cos it'll be cheaper, you can get the size that will fit you as a man, and only you will know that they are

Also can anyone else see the things that look like knifes coming out of his boots?? It's easier to see if you brighten the photo

Last edited:
oh boy...when I was building holsters and quivers fI predicted this..."holy crap" even i Vinyl..this is not going to be cheap. sorry guys and girls..we had to raise the bar a few notches ;for this costume.. and saw the outfit,

I've finally figured out how to do the ribbed shoulder pads! I found out how to make craft foam look like leather, so I'm cutting out the shape of the pad, leatherising it, and then using a sculpting tool to indent in each rib. I'm also gonna save myself some money by using craft foam for the extra bits of leather that I need to put on the jacket.

I still think wearing an undershirt would be beneficial to anyone wanting to wear this costume. Might not be accurate, but it'll help you feel comfortable.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back