Dalek Gun Project

nathanalaneller

I had an idea awhile back to add something to the Dalek gun for effect, when exterminating cosplayers at a convention.
The most popular used by Dalek cosplayers are prong like shooters or a squirt gun.
There are three types of Dalek guns.
Shooters, the machine gun, & the empty barrel.
For the shooter, I would have an air powered plunger to shoot the prongs out & gives a Dalek like hiss to it.
For the machine gun, I would use a paintball or bb gun, (no ammo used when firing).
For the empty barrel, I would use a nerf foam dart gun, a small tube connected to a silly string can, or light the tube using a set of LED's or camera strobe.
Any thoughts?

There were some LED lightsaber keychains that strobed. I had one some years back that I planned to use in a project. It'd probably work well in a Dalek gun.

One of my ideas was to connect a silly string can to a Dalek gun, but all I can think on how to do that is to adapt the spray nozzle to a long WD40 spray tube.

Would that work?

Any other ideas to make this work?

I'm going to be doing an experiment on making a cheep CO2 Dalek gun, using "Dry Ice & a Chemical Fire Extinguisher".
I will have video of this soon.

Murphy's Law has hit my co2 dalek gun experiment. I have found out, you can't store dry Ice over night in the fridge.
I got evrythig set up to video my co2 experiment & when I got to the dry ice, all I found was a bag of light snow.
I had a pound & a half of dry ice. Grrrrrrr....

The 20th was my birthday & my birthday cash has given me a chance to make a Dalek machine gun with a Nerf motorized dart gun. Pictures coming soon. :D

You could use the old Theatrical Gig of Baby powder sprayed out of a tube with compressed air - The sound is not the same but the visual effect might be passable - just a light dusting of baby powder residual - you can rig a loader for multiple shots - We used a baby powder cannon on stage for my daughters NUTCRACKER performance. You might also search theatrical props and gimmicks for some ideas.

You could also rig a version of the AIR ZOOKA - to create a WHOOSH of air. Basically a rubber band, bag and funnel for the mechanism - scaled down to the dalek gun and loaded with baby powder.

Here is a link to the mechanism demonstration - see if that gets the creative juices flowing. Cheaper - custom built - design something new and innovative.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/60b6/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2470763

WATCH THE VIDEO Youtube demonstration.

One of my ideas was to connect a silly string can to a Dalek gun, but all I can think on how to do that is to adapt the spray nozzle to a long WD40 spray tube.

Would that work?

Any other ideas to make this work?

Last edited:
The same poof effect can be done by a paintball gun by itself or a bb gun. If you want an extra poof to it you can, as you say, use baby powder. If you want more than one shot at a time, find a bb gun with bb chambers, so you can add little wads of TP sandwiched on the top & bottom of the baby powder.

You could use the old Theatrical Gig of Baby powder sprayed out of a tube with compressed air - The sound is not the same but the visual effect might be passable - just a light dusting of baby powder residual - you can rig a loader for multiple shots - We used a baby powder cannon on stage for my daughters NUTCRACKER performance. You might also search theatrical props and gimmicks for some ideas.

You could also rig a version of the AIR ZOOKA - to create a WHOOSH of air. Basically a rubber band, bag and funnel for the mechanism - scaled down to the dalek gun and loaded with baby powder.

Here is a link to the mechanism demonstration - see if that gets the creative juices flowing. Cheaper - custom built - design something new and innovative.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/60b6/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2470763

WATCH THE VIDEO Youtube demonstration.

I just had an idea for an automatic dalek gun shooter. Atatch the shooter to a door bell magnet. A cupe thaughts run therw my mind for this idea. How do I rig it up to remane stable wile shooting, & is the magnet strong enugh to shoot & retract the shooter?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back