Stolen prop help!!!!

SauronTD

Ok so this time last year a prop from the movie critters was stolen from my home. The guy that stole it moved to Ohio. Now what looks to be the same prop has come up for sale in the town he moved to. The seller claims he bought it out of state and that it can't be mine. I wanted to get some of the opinions of the people here. Here are pics of mine and his. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Did you file a police report when it was stolen? If you did, provide that, along with photos you have of his auction and your item to his local police.

You know it's your prop. You're not asking for help. Youre just pissed and not willing to take action.

Take action.

Contact the police. You'd have no doubt filed a police report when it was stolen. I hope :( . Reference numbers on the items certificate would definitely help a lot! Hmmm, this prop cert has 7624 on it and this one has 7624 on it too. STOLEN! I'm not sure about the laws over there in the USA but here in Australia the stolen goods gets returned to the rightful owner even if its been through third parties. That person sadly loses out. Happened to my uncle. He bought a car and didnt do a revs check. 3 years later the police knocked on his door saying he bought a stolen car off someone who had stolen it. He lost out and had to take old mate thief to court lol

I hope you get your stuff back mate. I hates getting stuff stolen. Low life scum-bags

The darker pics are very small. But as long as the damages are not a part of the prop and look all the same on all props, I would say, the pictures show exactly the same prop.

attachment.php

Attachments

• stolenprop.gif
    stolenprop.gif
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,366
Hey guys. Sorry for my lack of updates. Yes when I posted this the police had been contacted. Here's the basic run down. My ex-girlfriend screwed around me and I broke up with her. I being the nice guy I am let her stay in my house instead of putting her on the street. I come home one day and most of my collection is missing and she comes at me with a kitchen knife. She goes to jail and I find a phone in the house with a text to someone saying where my stuff is. I get back everything except this arm and my video games. She gets out if jail and tells me my friend, we'll call him B has the prop. I ask him about it and he moves out of state. No joke! A year passes and I decided I want answers. I ask him on Facebook. He says he has no idea and that he was sorry. 2 days later it shows up on eBay in the town he lives in. I contact the police that night. The seller claims he bought it from a man who got it from Hollywood. Then he changed it to the guy got it from a seller in Louisiana. Now he claims he got it from Florida, who got it from Texas, who got it from a guy who got it from a lady that happened to have same name as my ex. So armed with all of this my local police are subpoenaing eBay for his info so they can give all this to his local police. Sorry for long post! Whew!

That is true, maybe you should have bought it on ebay with paypal. once it was shipped to you. call the cops and have charges pressed and also you would get your money back from paypal. idk, hope everything works out for you.

Sorry to report that I never got my item back. eBay would cooperate with my local police's requests and our DA would issue a warrant or anything for the guy that stole it or the guy that had it for sale. Thanks to everyone who helped though!

Sorry to report that I never got my item back. eBay would cooperate with my local police's requests and our DA would issue a warrant or anything for the guy that stole it or the guy that had it for sale. Thanks to everyone who helped though!

Would? Or Wouldn't?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back