Halloween 2014 entry sp1derman Arkham Asylum Batman

sp1derman

Sr Member
IMG_20141014_190132.JPGView attachment DSC_1323.JPGView attachment DSC_1321.JPGibphotocollage20140916_190045.jpgIMG_20140924_213953.jpgView attachment DSC_1250.JPGIMG_20140924_213739.jpgIMG_20140924_213549.jpg
Wah started as a batfleck build ended up becoming my favourite incarnation of batman Arkham Asylum. I have played the 3 arkham games atleast 20 Times but for the first time completed city 100% all those bloody AR glides and Riddler trophies (see the fun picture pointing to the 100%)
The whole suit took probably 40 hours because it is all hand sewn no sewing machine so I stitched every seam 4 Timex and this pattern did not exist I fee handed it and adjusted it to fit my body you can see how it started as batfleck by all the dressing and certain seam lines
The only purchased items are;
TigerstoneFX Cowl (Love It)
Gardening shin guards
Leather gloves (temporary)
And motorcycle boots (temporary)
Leather leggings
The gauntlets and emblem are latex foamies with free hand templates sprayed with Satin black
The main suit was serial piece of ribbed fabric cut and sew I then added upholstery foam muscles and liquid latex I had to carve some muscle out after as the latex shrunk it slightly
The leather wrists calves and briefs are sliced up leather leggings
Utility belt is 2 links bottles migratin tablet boxes. And foamies primed and sprayed gold
I have always wanted a batsuit and now I finally have one and can't wait to go out on Halloween night
Feel Free to read the whole thread and see a more in-depth description of the build process

I have attached my proof picture up top

Attachments

• IMG_20140722_222659.jpg
    IMG_20140722_222659.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_1068.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20140722_222838.jpg
    IMG_20140722_222838.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 375
  • photo-3-4.jpg
    photo-3-4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_20140924_213427.jpg
    IMG_20140924_213427.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_1264.JPG
    DSC_1264.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Re: BATFLECK costume build "superman is going down"

uploadfromtaptalk1406119208110.jpg

Search for "Moto Gloves" and you should find some very similar to what you're looking for.

They look like Icon motorcycle gloves to me. Because of the knuckles.

I actually normally by large women gloves as I have such short fingers lol if you look close at the picture to me the gloves are all leather with motorcycle knuckles :)
BOOYA!!!!

They are women's though. they have men's, but only xxxl and 4xl.... wonder what the size difference is for men's and women's gloves. I think in shoes, its a size up.
http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Stealth-...75282&sr=8-14&keywords=icon+motorcycle+gloves

Re: BATFLECK costume build "superman is going down" sewing has begun

Interesting. What type of fabric is that? Also what piece is that that you're sewing?

Interesting. What type of fabric is that? Also what piece is that that you're sewing?

Its a weird leggings material looks great in person that is the abs DSC_1087.JPGit's all hand sewn did couple gourds today it looks better when it's on will update with pics when I caN

Last edited:

Looking good. Wish you had the cowl in. I'm torn between reevz hush cowl and this one, and also the Dark Knight Returns cowl. Leaning most toward Reevz.... decisions decisions

The hush has the wrong neck and dkr has tiny ears thats why o went with the new one im sure if you wait a more accurate one will come about
Thanks for the kind words

Nice suit I'm nit personally keen on dye sub for this suit but. But it's a nice build I should finish the top today at the moment it's a muscle tank top lol

I bought the reevz hush cowl and I love it. Took about 4 months to get after I ordered it but well worth it. Stay away from TDK cowl it would look to weird with this suit. Hush cowl is the best match for the Affleck bat cowl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 297

Contact snakepit they are. $250-350
I fare the hush is very close I love the new one I've got mainly because it has the leather texture to match the rest of the suit

Awesome! I'm going to be watching this build..I want to build one too..and I don't care for dyesub suits either..keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back