Face Off - Season 7

Cig and George's big tuna makeup last night was awesome! Definitely deserving of the win. It was the first time we saw someone making a fat suit express the necessity of matching it with the head sculpts. Also hilarious that they tried to synchronize every time they said "sleepin' wit' da fishes"

I still have not made a choice as to who I want to root for.
So far CIG is getting a lot of praise here, and he did good on the last challenge.
I may side with him to win. I will know after the third episode.

I have this on in the background while I am doing stuff on the computer, but I am recording tonight's episode where the judges are doing some of the work and watching it later. Maybe it will be good, maybe not, but it will be nice to see them in action.

They've made right choices so far in sending people off; nothing I can complain with. Can't wait to catch what the Judges can pull off!

EDIT: Sept 3rd

What a load of crap. Something was fixed if Neville ended up winning with his entries. I like aliens as much as the next guy but his weren't exactly "fantasy" as the challenged called for, not to mention, the bad blending job on the pawn make-up he did. How could a huge gaping lip above the nose pass when something like that would've sent a regular contestant home?

If anything, Glenn had the most fitting entries as per the challenge.

Last edited:
other projects have kept me from TheRPF as of late, but wanted to pop in this thread real quick.

To the powers-that-be who are "in the know" with the show, thank you for another season of makeup and no drama.
No contestants fighting with each other, no snarky rudeness, no backstabbing, no moaning about pre-existing injury that keeps a contestant from being able to work.

If I had anything to say, it would already echo previous comments in this thread. It seems skill sets range from novice to advanced, which seems a bit unfair - but it'd be equally unfair not to give everyone the same opportunity.

And the Judge Challenge was a fun idea - I had noooo idea former contestants were coming back - loved them all, but Laura and Roy were our favorites.
We thought Ve's makeups were the best - her colors pushed her about Glenns....we were totally shocked when Neville won.

We dropped cabletv a few months ago because of the price, hundreds of channels with nothing on...but I did spend the $14 for an itunes Season pass for this. (and Jim Henson Creature Shop!)

I wish they had did the judges contest in the first season. Now that they have had it I hope they do it once a year.

While I loved Neville's concepts most of all the Bishop was more of a mask than a make up. The same goes for the Knight Glen made. They looked rad, but they were not make ups. The judges always talk about how it is a make up show. Then they end up making masked characters. That hypocrisy bothered me.
Since Ve's work was all make up, and looked amazing I think she should have won out of principle.

I did like Neville's Pawn. I thought that the application was suppose to look like that.
Glen's Knight was the best out of his two of his entries. Loved the use of silicon.

I did like Neville's Pawn. I thought that the application was suppose to look like that.
After the reveal I kept thinking, "is that not attached or is it supposed to look like that?"

And did anyone else notice that Roy and the other guy Ve picked had worked with her on the Hunger Games movies?

After the reveal I kept thinking, "is that not attached or is it supposed to look like that?"

And did anyone else notice that Roy and the other guy Ve picked had worked with her on the Hunger Games movies?

That would be Conor, season 1 winner and RPF member. :)

I've been DVRing this season and am just getting around to watching it. I'm only a few episodes in and, maybe its just me, but I'm growing really bored with this show. Its just the same thing over and over. The same "I don't have enough time, I'm going home" etc. The same 'model morphs into makeup'... I dunno, I just really don't have much desire to watch this show anymore. I find myself tuning in more just to see what kind of super cool dress Mackenzie is going to be wearing, the make up part just doesn't have anything to it anymore.

I find myself fast forwarding to just the final reveals and the judges comments. I would have rather had another season of the Jim Henson creature show.

I knew it! My girl Dina took the cake (pun intended)! A friend of mine got a picture with her when she attended some convention earlier this year in Indiana; got that air of a champ on her, she did.

They said last night their changing up the format of the show a little next season. Hopefully it will be something fresh and more entertaining. Congrats to Dina, my favorite!

I've been DVRing this season and am just getting around to watching it. I'm only a few episodes in and, maybe its just me, but I'm growing really bored with this show. Its just the same thing over and over. The same "I don't have enough time, I'm going home" etc. The same 'model morphs into makeup'... I dunno, I just really don't have much desire to watch this show anymore. I find myself tuning in more just to see what kind of super cool dress Mackenzie is going to be wearing, the make up part just doesn't have anything to it anymore.

I find myself fast forwarding to just the final reveals and the judges comments. I would have rather had another season of the Jim Henson creature show.
And you make a mold by putting a cement like substance on top or your sculpture. Ok, that was harsh, I know this is not a how-to show.

Ultra super necro post since the marathon is on: Laura was on Mockingjay as well. I think Ve uses this show as her own talent farm. Looking forward to the new coach-style game next season.

I wouldn't doubt they use it as a talent farm. This talent is something you have a knack for, and it can be developed, but you need some sort of outlet for it. It's a gamble for these studios to hire untested people. You can do your own things for only so long , and get no where, or you can get your foot in the door (this show) and make a career of it. What better way to find "Great" talent for your studio than to put them through the gauntlet like this, test them, and see what they have to offer and give them a job.

Ultra super necro post since the marathon is on: Laura was on Mockingjay as well. I think Ve uses this show as her own talent farm. Looking forward to the new coach-style game next season.

I wouldn't doubt they use it as a talent farm. This talent is something you have a knack for, and it can be developed, but you need some sort of outlet for it. It's a gamble for these studios to hire untested people. You can do your own things for only so long , and get no where, or you can get your foot in the door (this show) and make a career of it. What better way to find "Great" talent for your studio than to put them through the gauntlet like this, test them, and see what they have to offer and give them a job.

Ve believes in cultivating what she sees as talents with great potential. I think the world would be better if people were more invested in helping others around them develop their gifts. It's not only good karma, but it helps unleash more amazing creators on the world which is ultimately a very good thing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back