My Thor Hammer

Nemesis9

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello All,

This is the first time I'm actually posting. I usually just stop by to get inspiration from all the amazing artist/creators here. But, it's been long enough, so I decided to share my recent project: Thor's Hammer

I've seen a bunch of different builds for a hammer, but I wanted to share my slighly different approach. I used six 6X10's, then incased them from all sides with the then beveled pieces of wood I cut on the table saw. Only the sides were a different wood (1/8th ply wood), same ply wood was used for the cap. Used a 1 1/4 wooden dowel for the handle, about three inches deep. After woodfiller/sand, is was prime/paint time. After the clear coat dired, was able to "weather" the hammer with blck accrylic. Few more clear coats, and I was good to go. I made two hammers, one plain and one a little more detailed. Thank you for reading, and thnk you all for continuing to build cool stuff.

Nemesis9

Attachments

• Hammer 1.JPG
    Hammer 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Hammer 2.JPG
    Hammer 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • Hammer 3.JPG
    Hammer 3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • Hammer 4.JPG
    Hammer 4.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • Hammer 5.JPG
    Hammer 5.JPG
    900.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Second Hammer 1.JPG
    Second Hammer 1.JPG
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Second Hammer 2.JPG
    Second Hammer 2.JPG
    974.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Second Hammer 3.JPG
    Second Hammer 3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Second Hammer 4.JPG
    Second Hammer 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Second Hammer 5.JPG
    Second Hammer 5.JPG
    952.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanks! The details really separates the two. I wasn't going to make a second, but I want to do another simply to add the inscription.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back