Pepakura Resin Out in the Heat, Problem???

ksVPN

I'm working on a Boba Fett helmet piece and it's in an outdoor storage closet in my apartment to cure. I live in Texas and it could get up to 100oF so I'm worried about it either melting, or catching on fire. I've searched around and I haven't found anything to answer my question, only some information on the flashpoint of resin that's making me worried. Would it be better out on the patio instead of in the closet?

Surely it would be hotter out on the patio than in an air conditioned house? Anyway, no, it won't catch fire. There might be a chance of it warping slightly, as mentioned above. It depends what you have it sitting on and how it's positioned.

Its important when applying resin to pep builds that you create internal supports to help the card stock hold it's shape. I used kebab sticks and hot glue to keep my dredd helmet in place when in the resin stage to stop any warping. It won't catch fire or melt. I would put it outside, it stinks big time, so closed quarters will make it worse.

DSCF5966.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back