Our "Friends" peephole frame...

lharles

Sr Member
Been meaning to get at this one for a while. :) My kids worked their way through the bulk of the series a year or two ago & it's been on the list since.

...& since I recently completed my last major purchase from the JY here until probably next year, I'm having to dig out old projects that are either inexpensive or that I already have all the bits & pieces for. :D

Anyway, the reference pic I used for the build came from here, (along with dimensions):

http://www.icollector.com/Monica-s-frame-around-the-door-from-Friends_i11535992

...& a few pics from initial build to completion:

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png

Used papier mache, per what the original is described as. :) {Used layers of matting board too, along with paper clay, but effectively -- paper. :D }

I really like your build, very cool. Do you plan on doing the full door?

Can't, really. :) The current doorway to our "Museum Of Fictional Artifacts" is...a TARDIS. Hard to let that go in favor of the one from "Friends". "Doctor Who" is much higher up on our list of all-time greats. :D

...& thanks for the kind words!

Love this build!! I'm currently in the final stretch of making one for a couple friends who own an apartment and their massive FRIENDS fans, and have been putting their whole place in a friends theme. It's one of those props, where It's turned out so well on the first try, I really don't want to give it away, but I know their gonna flip when they see it ;)

RYAN-J

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back