Still sealed Sealab model on Ebay

Rahn420

I didn't find this mentioned here.

Anyone got a grand to drop on this?

AURORA-SEALAB-III-U-S-NAVY-MODEL-KIT-VTG-1960s-1969-VTG-COMPLETE-SEALED-BOX

MOD EDIT: Please do not post ebay auction links, thanks.

Edit: I apologize. I didn't realize. It shall not happen again. Guess I should read up on the rules.

Just thought it was an interesting find,

Last edited:
I think the reality of bringing this kit back is that, although it is a mega collectible, it just isn't a popular enough kit to sell in a new incarnation when compared to other priorities. We all say we would buy a case, but there are probably only 20 people in the world who would sign up, and maybe 10 who would actually pay.

That, and if you do need copies of specific parts from the kit they are already out there.

I always wondered if that AMT City Delivery truck kit was brought back because, in some part, us parts scavengers were buying so many of them up on ebay - just to use for ESB AT-STs. I can't figure why that kit would sell otherwise. It almost seemed the studio scale demand can dictate bringing a kit back. Just thinking...

I'd certainly buy a few sea labs just to take parts from it too!

Maybe 3D printing those few parts in demand is a viable solution, rather than waiting for the re-release of an out of print kit. I'd be happy to help but I'd need the parts in question in hand in order to model them accurately (sadly, I don't have the Sealab :) ). The ultra-fine detail options available now might make this a real option, but it'd be pricey depending on the size of the part, and you'd be limited by the maximum print sizes available at the higher detail materials and processes.

i would love to have this kit for nostalgia reasons alone.although good for parts of course.my older cousin had this kit when i was a kid and i so wanted one but couldn't afford it.now it's on ebay and i still can't afford it ( well i could but can't justify for the asking price).lol
the auction has now finished and its listed for sale for $999.00 us.

i would love to have this kit for nostalgia reasons alone.although good for parts of course.my older cousin had this kit when i was a kid and i so wanted one but couldn't afford it.now it's on ebay and i still can't afford it ( well i could but can't justify for the asking price).lol
the auction has now finished and its listed for sale for $999.00 us.

That asking price is more than double what they realistically sell for. I'd still love to see a remold happen; $50 is more than reasonable. It's a shame there isn't more demand from collectors outside the SW and Galactica circles.

Craig

Its a shame a re-run of the tools couldn't get done as a kickstarter project...at least they would know up front how many people would ACTUALLY want a kit (...or two...or three..)

I wonder if the powers that be at Round2 would just run the pieces people look to collect?
Instead of the whole kit. Kind of a scratch builder pack.

I'm sure they would make their money off that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back